Stayed here for 9 nights while visiting Mayo Clinic. How many Hotels offer 1. Free Parking? 2. Free Breakfast(Belgian Waffles, 3 Different Varieties of Cereal, Oatmeal, Bagels, Breads, Yoplait Yogurt, Fruit Cups, Bananas, Apples, Hatd Boiled Eggs, 4 Different Varieties of Juices, Toast, An Egg Dish, Sausage/Bacon, and much more) 3. Free Reliable Wi-FI? 4. No Resort Fee? 5. Free Shuttle Service to Mayo Clinic & other places? 6. Free Bottled Water?(This May have been a HHonors perk), 7. Bedding including Duvet Cover is washed prior to your stay? 8. Business Center with 2 Computers/Printer? 9. Free Cookies, Grab & Go Snack Bags, 24 Hour Coffee & Tea Service in the Front Desk Area! A nice addition might be some Flavored Fruit(Oranges, Lemon, Lime, Peach etc) or Vegetabke (Cucumber & Mint) Ice Water as well......
We have been staying at Hampton Inns fior several years but this was our 1st stay at this location with 2 more stays booked as I need to return to Mayo Clinic Two or possible 3 more times. The employees are friendly especially Jessica at the Front Desk & Matthew the Shuttle Driver(who will be moving soon).....
We did have some loud kids in the room next to us. If they didn't stop banging their door I was going to call downstairs to the front desk but eventually they stopped. This Hotel is a busy place!
Overall we had a GREAT Stay in our Studio Suite Room. On the days I was wiped out from testing@Mayo we just told Housekeeping to skip our room for that day. I never felt afraid at this location although someone did break in to all of the soda pop machines, on every floor, and steal money from each one while we were there. I can't imagine who or why someone would do this? I think it would probably be a wise idea to install some type of security system in this area. Which brings me to another point. NO safes in the rooms. Not just at this location but at every Hampton Inn we have every stayed at. I don't understand WHY there is not a safe in guest rooms? Especially, with all of the electronics many people bring on trips today. Even a small safe in the closet would be better than not having one at all. Other Hilton Properties have Safes.
Just 3 minor "complaints" .....an inexpensive up to date 3 hole Paper Punch would be an excellent addition to the Business Center. The antiquated version, at the Front Desk, did not punch holes, in the right places, in some of my records for Mayo Clinic. This made it hard for me to put them in my very full binder. They just didn't fit properly. Also, the towels we had were really scratchy. It's uncomfortable to take a shower in hard water, when you are used to soft water at home, but then have to dry off with a worn scratchy towel......Time for some NEW fluffy towels! Lastly our bar soap disappeared everyday? And it wasn't replaced with a new bar so we had to find Housekeeping & get some Fresh Bars. The shape of the soap is an excellent concept! Much easier to hold onto to. We don't replace our soap everyday at home. Mostly, we use Liquid Soap so I finally went to the store & bought some. This might be worth asking guests if they want their soap replaced each day? And cost cutting as well for the Hotel!
The PERKS at this Rochester Location, combined with the Great Mayo Clinic Room Rate This Hotel Offers, far outweigh any minor complaints I have. I am looking forward to our next visit in just a few short weeks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Rochester with our free shuttle, Monday- Friday from 6 AM to 9 PM, to and from Mayo Clinic, St. Mary’s, Rochester Downtown/Civic Center and IBM as well. Perennially listed near the top of the “Best Places to Live” polls, the team at our Hampton Inn & Suites contends that among Rochester, Minnesota hotels, the Hampton Inn Rochester North is also quite a nice place to visit! Our hotel is conveniently located near the world-renowned Mayo Clinic, the largest IBM facility and over 300 hundred restaurants. Our “Minnesota Nice” team provides true hospitality with cosmopolitan services. We love having you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North Hotel Rochester
- Hampton Inn And Suites Rochester - North