“Yummy Fish Tacos”
Review of Pescara

Pescara
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 307 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St SW and Broadway
Transit: We are located 2 blocks away from the Rochester City Bus Depot.
Description: Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The atmosphere is upscale and the food is excellent. The fish tacos are the BEST in town. It's located right downtown in the Doubletree and accessible by Skyway.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Showed up with no reservation on a Monday night and was promptly shown to the last table available (not including bar seating). Staff and manager were friendly and attentive. I had one west coast oyster on the half shell, one of the best oysters I've ever had. Then proceeded with the walleye. It was absolutely delicious. Ordered a side of the spring vegetables, tasty, but a little to spicy for my likes. Was a great dinner overall

2  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went to this place twice during our 2 week stay in Rochester. It came highly recommended by the locals and the online reviews were good too so we had to check it out. The Sunday Brunch is like $17 which makes it a steal based on the quality of the food. We went for lunch as well - I recommend the brunch. The lobster bisque is the best I've ever had, everything on the brunch menu was great and the service is outstanding. Brunch includes mimosas which is just icing on the cake.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

First of all, our server Chris was just outstanding! He was very knowledgeable about the menu and confident with his recommendations. My husband and I found them spot on. I don't even know where to begin with the food! Husband loved his lobster bisque and his main course of ciopino was so fresh and amazing that he couldn't stop soon enough and got too full. That also could have been due to his side order of smoked Gouda hash browns, of which, I allowed myself one amazing bite. I ordered the wedge salad which is the freshest salad I've ever had. My New York strip steak was perfection and the side of Brussels sprouts with crispy pancetta was so amazing. We simply couldn't eat it all. We were sad to have to pass on dessert!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Four of us had an outstanding meal July 17th. Darren was our server - very fun, knowledgeable and attentive. The MOD was seen many times doing table touches. We had the caesar salads, Crab Louis, calamari, walleye and scallop dish. The standout was the scallops. Very rich and great sauce. The bread was spot on and a great way to soak up all the extra sauce. The portions are not huge, but the depth of flavor and richness of the dishes made them the perfect size. I thought the prices were in line with the meal.

Been to Pescara? Share your experiences!