“Best outdoor dining in Rochester”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zzest Cafe & Bar

Zzest Cafe & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Zzest Cafe & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 300 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discover with ZZest our amazing menu . From a huge cheese and charcuterie section to local grass fed burgers, foie gras meatballs (and yes MN has foie gras!) to a Chef's tasting menu. Our goal is to use local and small produced ingredients and bring Rochester the new trends in the culinary world. We have our own market located downtown where we stock our shelves with the best and hard to find ingredients. This gives our chefs an awesome pantry to work from. We offer a full service cafe serving lunch which is great, and dinners that are 5 star amazing! Basically our goal at ZZest is out to make Rochester just as cool as the Twin Cities!
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“Best outdoor dining in Rochester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Love love love Zzest! I met a few girlfriends there for dinner and we enjoyed our meal al fresco on the best outdoor dining space in Rochester. It is quiet and surprisingly intimate for an outdoor setting. Our waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. The menu is a bit limited, but the selections are inventive, fresh and delicious. The menu changes frequently, so there always seems to be something new. The market makes you feel like you are in a Parisian market. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank EmilyB569

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Roasted Beet Salad was awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

A local took me to zzest and it was great. I had the salmon cake's and she had a roasted beet salad. Both were amazing! Cute little restaurant with the gourmet shop attached. It was just after lunch time and was not too busy. Excellent service. Thanks!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rista
Midwest
“average--no big deal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

even though we had reservations, we waited for our table, 15 minutes. Our server had no pad to write our drink orders on, said she'd probably forget our order & ask us again." Tee Hee". She indeed did come back & forgot.
I ordered a Vodka 7. she came back to our table -"No 7up or Sprite..do you want ginger beer instead?" At one point I felt a hot pain across my neck. Couldn't figure what happened, told the waitress after i discovered my blouse was wet. She said "A bucket must have dripped on you". Yeah, A damn hot bucket of water.
Mussels with chorizo app were just ok. Don't bother. The Flank Steak with gorgonzola was good, no Tater Tots included on the menu description, rather mashed potatoes, blue cheese and morell mushrooms. Left without dessert.

2 Thank Oatbagg
Lanesboro, Minnesota
“Unique Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stopped for a quick bit after getting back form vacation. We sat outside and enjoyed the day and had a wonderful lunch. The service was great (Thanks Laura C.) and it was a very pleasant experience. We went an looked around the market and some real neat products inside.

2 Thank DJBaker5155
Rochester, Minnesota
“Different kinda place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have been here on two occasions for lunch, and lets just say...it is different. I had the BBQ Brisket sandwich and my wife had the veggie panini. We ordered 2 diet soft drinks, which never came so it was kind of a downer. The lunch itself was actually very good, with ok portion sizes. The downfall was the fact that it seems to be a somewhat snooty clientele and it feels like the staff is doing you a favor by serving you. They are not rude, but kind of dismissive and absent. I say this because the one who sat us and took our order never checked back on us and never delivered our drinks. There was a gentleman with a very dry sense of humor that delivered our food and ended up taking care of us, and he was quite good. I guess I would say if you are into the clientele that is...lets say to the left of the spectrum politically than this may be your new favorite hang out. We are very much in the other direction, but it was an ok place for lunch. So I say average, but I could see many people loving it as long as they get their drinks!

3 Thank kennykelme