“Great food great prices”
Review of Hunan Garden

Hunan Garden
Ranked #78 of 305 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Has won best Chinese resturant in Rochester for many years, small and family run. Phone number 507-285-1438
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My absolutely favorite dish is the Sesame Chicken, where the chicken is lightly bread but yet crispy. The main dish is served on a bed of always fresh lettuce. If I'm in the mood for something else, I highly recommend the Mushu Pork, which has never disappointed me. I love the crab rangoons and the pot stickers.

The restaurant is super casual and most of the staff are friendly and attentive. For a great dinner at a great price, I highly recommend Hunan Garden. One of my favorite places to go whenever I'm in Rochester.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Hunan Garden has an extensive menu with a few surprises. The chef is Cambodian. Try the "Lort Cha", an excellently prepared Cambodian dish. There is also Pad Thai, and of course, plenty of Chinese food. There are several Hunan dishes as well as the usual variety of Chinese-American cooking. Our waitress was from Cambodia and she provided superior service. Prices were most reasonable with full dinners for under $12.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would say this is the best Chinese in town. Love the people and quality of food. Recent updates to the building really open up the place. It's nice.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

It all depends on your experience with Asian foods, but if you have a lot of experience, then Rochester, MN is not really going to "cut it", BUT if you live in Rochester, then this restaurant is the best! Their Sesame Chicken, Orange Chicken, Sizzling Rice Shrimp soup, Mongolian Beef, Sesame Beef, Pot Stickers are all regulars on our list of possibilities. Value for money you cannot do better.

1  Thank Janet W
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Table arrangements were very nice for as small a restaurant as this is, everyone wasn't on top of each other. The food was very good, too, although not exceptional. Our only difficulty was with understanding our server. She spoke English, but with such an accent we ended up with a meal other than what we'd ordered - although she assured us we had. Our only conclusion was that we hadn't been able to really follow what she was telling us.