“Loved every moment!”

Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Iowa
“Loved every moment!”
Reviewed 25 January 2008

WOW! We stayed at Sleep Inn because I had built up enough points through my choicehotels credit card. I checked out the price beforehand though- it would have only been $60 plus taxes. That would have been a steal for what we got at this hotel. The pool is decent, and the hot tub was great! And they have a small sauna in the corner that wasn't even advertised on their site. I LOVE SAUNAs!!!

The room was just fine- we had a King bed and asked for a roll-out for my son. The complimentary breakfast was HUGE-- and I saw them refill the waffles several times. My husband had an appointment at Mayo- and they provided a complimentary shuttle to the hospital (tips accepted for the bus of course). My son and I met him over at the hospital later and the front desk gave great directions.

This was a great stay!! Thanks!

• Liked — Shuttle to Mayo and Complimentary Breakfast
  • Disliked — Front Desk Guy seemed a little clueless at Check In
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
bc
Reviewed 12 June 2007

The hotel was conveniently close to I90 and looked good from a distance. Having had a reasonable stay at another Sleep Inn some weeks earlier, I decided to try it out, but was utterly disappointed:
I was a little put off upon entering to see what appeared to be 2 prostitutes outside, but gave them the benefit of the doubt, hoping that I was mistaken. As I checked in, I saw one of them go down the hall to a room that turned out to be nearby the one I ended up staying in with my 4-year-old child.
I was subsequently kept up almost all night, depite wearing earplugs, as the same woman's loud voice could be heard passing by my door every 15-30 minutes and it eventually became obvious from some of the conversations I overheard that she was a prostitute and was taking different men back to her room and occasionally complaining to her pimp.
The man on the front desk would have known this was going on as he would have seen her going in and out just as I did when I checked in, so there was no point in complaining. I therefore waited until I checked out the next morning and there was a different person on duty (a woman) to complain. She did NOT appologise nor show any sympathy but suggested that I should have complained at the time I was being disturbed. I said I would be contacting their head office and she merely shrugged.
Aside from this, everything was mediocre - unfriendly and unclean breakfast area. The coffee was empty, orange juice was just yellow water, tables were dirty and the attendant perhaps overworked as I saw him in the swimming pool area minutes after he had brought out some breakfast items (while neglecting others). Many people walked in, had a look around and walked out again in apparent disgust without picking up anything to eat.
Awful experience for $72 plus tax.

• Liked — convenient to I 90
  • Disliked — Prostitution apparently condoned, noisy!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jmaBc
GM-MN071, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2007
I want to assure all of our guests that our hotel certainly does not condone prostitution. I personally have been with the hotel for a year and a half and have never had any complaints about possible prostitution outside of this particular guest. Our hotel is very family friendly and guest oriented and we take pride in assuring customer satisfaction. We take all comments and complaints very seriously, but in this particular case there was little our staff could do since we were not aware of the matter until the following day. Again, this is the only time we have ever heard such a complaint.
Dodge Center
Reviewed 4 April 2007

They tried to Bill me for two nights when I Stayed just one. I disputed the charge on my credit card and had the reciepts to prove I stayed only one night.

In addition the room smelled faintly of ammonia, and the floors were filthy.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank reborn426
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 24 January 2006

Went to Rochester, Mn to the Mayo Clinic January 17-21 2006 We booked a Jacuzzi suite at the Sleep Inn. I have really bad allergies to everything and the room did not make me sick. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows. There was also a Queen or a King size pullout additional to our King Bed. We are taking our daughter with us next time. It was very clean and all the staff were friendly. The room was cleaned really well every day.

We ordered pizza from the Pizza man on two occassions. The guy that answered the phone and took our order wasn't too friendly but my husband a pizza fanatic loved the food. We got a jumbo pizza 16" -chicken wings and drummies about 10 of them cheese bread with marinara sauce, and a 2 liter of sprite for $21 it was great.

This hotel is about 8 miles from Mayo but it's pretty much a straight shot to the clinic. Really easy to get there. We swam in the pool (small but clean)and got in the Hot tub. We didn't exercise but they had a bike, treadmill, and a stepper I believe, no weights. I give this hotel a 10 on a 10. We didn't try the breakfast because we brought our own cereal and milk; our room had a refrigerator and microwave. The water pressure is good. Nice experience.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank sweeday
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2005

I think for the money, this is one of the best places to stay in the Rochester area. It's a little bit outside of town so if you don't mind driving, it's a good bargain. I stayed in one of the Suite rooms and it was clean and pleasant. You could hear some airport noise but it never kept me up at night. The hotel is only 2 or 3 years old so the furniture and fixtures looked virtually new. I don't think the hotel gets used very often. The Continental Breakfast was okay, not great, but at no extra charge, you can't complain.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2005

We stayed for 4 nights, The hotel carpeting throughout was dirty. Our room was the same, found pills, & candy on the carpeting and toe nails and hair on the bathroom floor. Had a whirlpool tub but didn't use it because it did not look clean. I left a note for housekeeping and the next day it didn't look any better. I noticed the vacuum on the housekeeping cart. The bag was so full I doubt it could have picked up anything. That was probably the problem. I mentioned that to the desk clerk but didn't notice any difference the next day. It's so funny that we were talking to a local bus driver about this and she said "they need a vacuum that works, they need to empty those bags". We never told her about the vac bag that needed emptying!
The pool was small but nice, in comparison to others it was just a touch cool, but warm enough to be enjoyable.
The breakfast was advertised on the web page as being deluxe continentel but it didn't compare in anyway to what other hotels in this chain offer for a deluxe breakfast. They had a few sweet rolls, muffins, bread, begals. Bulk cereal, instant oatmeal, a few apples, very watery orange juice.
The staff was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank ruthtaf
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 May 2003

Stayed for 2 weeks. Great place. VERY clean and service was very good. Amenities met all needs.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
America's Best Inn - Stewartville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester South
Comfort Suites Rochester
Comfort Suites Rochester
#24 of 52 in Rochester
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester
Extended Stay America - Rochester - South
Days Inn & Suites Rochester South

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!