“Above and Beyond”

Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Albert Lea
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed at the Same hotel twice in the last 2 weeks! The first time my friend and I went threw Hotels.com. The hotels.com experience left MUCH to be desired. BUT luckily THAT is not what I am rating! They booked us a room at the Americaninn when the hotel was booked up. My friend and I had plans to travel further then Rochester BUT ended up getting snowed in so booked last minute. Imagine our frustration getting to the hotel and there is no room. The gentleman at the desk was very polite and tried calling around to find other rooms for us that also worked with Hotels.com. There was nothing. Last minute a room opened up. King sized with a roll away for my friend. It ended up working out perfectly! Next morning, My friend goes out for a cigarette and she saw the manager clearing off his car, turns out he too had gotten snowed it. Wouldn't be suprized at all that kind gentleman had given us the very room he would have been staying in just so his guests were taken care of!!!! No way to know though! We came back 2 weeks later and stayed again! Had a blast! Loved the stay!! Splendid room indeed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Airportgm, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for the awesome review! I am honored that you enjoyed your stay here as much as you did! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Rochester, MN.

Jaidyn Boynton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Rooms are tiny and we were told at 7:45 p.m. to be quiet. If it had been later in the evening that would be one thing but 7:45 p.m. We tried to make the simple request to have adjoining rooms and they were not able to fulfill that request and the front desk told other people staying at the hotel that I was upset which is not true I just wanted to make sure we had 2 beds in our hotel room. Pool area is extremely loud if there are kids playing in there. Rooms were warm and would not cool down luckily the windows open. Did I mention it was only 20 degrees outside.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I am sorry there was an error in the reservation process and we could not meet your requests. We strive to make all our guests feel important and welcome here at our hotel. We would love to see you the next time you travel to Rochester, MN.

Ossian
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Everything was excellent from the service to the food. It would have been nice to have gotten a price break from having to spend two nights at no choice of mine because of the cancellation of the flight on Thursday night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. It is nice to hear that you were able to enjoy our hot, homestyle breakfast. I hope you will consider us again when traveling to Rochester, MN.

Mason City
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Whirlpool suite is worth the money. Very relaxing. Its nice to have room service from Ground Round restaurant next door.Location is alright for being outside of Rochester instead of downtown. Friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Rochester. I am very pleased to see you got the honor staying in one of our suites. I am glad the staff was friendly! I will let them know they are doing a good job, thank you for the review.

Austin
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I arrived at the Rochester Americinn in time for a great blizzard that shut down I90 and I35. The staff did everything to help us including notification that the nearby restaurant was closing early, allowing us to get food ahead of time. Also the staff brought in complimentary pizza for late hotel guests. When the transformer in town went out and we were without electricity for a few minutes, they had glow sticks for us and it was easy to get around. The shuttle to the airport was a breeze. I cannot say enough about how willing the staff was to help during this incredible storm. I felt safe and taken care of.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for the kind review. I am glad that you felt warm, safe and welcome here at our hotel. The pizza and glow sticks were the least we could do for our guests. I will pass on this review to our staff and let them know how great they are doing. We look forward to seeing you the next time you pass through Rochester, MN.

Monticello
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The pool water was filthy, children had hair stuck to them when coming out. The water was very murky and I didnt want the children to swim in it!! They had been promised so we gave in. The pool was obviously not cleaned for some time.
The Hot Tub was discusting.Really, the state health department should visit the Hot tub/ Brown water on Saturday afternoon and it was worse Sunday morning. These need to be maintained !! They should smell fresh. This was off limits for the children. We heard other adults complain about the condition of the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jeff M
Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Hotel and Suites of Rochester. I am very disappointed to hear our hotel didn't meet your needs. It doesn't sound like our hotel at all. I hope you will give us another chance to let us prove what we are all about. Thank you for your review.

Fayetteville
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We have stayed here three times for trips to the Mayo Clinic. It's about 7 miles south of downtown Rochester where the clinic is, but is not big deal. It's an easy drive to the city. It's out by the airport, but this is not a busy airport so you almost never hear the planes or hardly notice it. Great place if you have an early morning flight. They have free shuttles to Mayo Clinic.

They offer a Mayo Clinic rate which I have found to be the cheapest price in town. We've stayed in a suite each time and it's definitely a nice room, very spacious, large shower/tub. The standard rooms seem a bit smaller, but still fine for a night or two. If you're going to be there for quite a few days I would see about upgrading to a suite. Join their frequent membership club and sometimes you get a free room upgrade plus if you stay so many nights you get a free night or money back.

Shopping and movie theater is just up the road about a mile or two.

Breakfast is the morning is average as compared to your other hotels that offer the breakfast bar. But it's free and a good quick meal before you head out for the day.

Another good thing is the restaurant in the parking lot of the hotel, The Ground Round. They have a large selection of food and it's just steps away from the hotel. We eat there almost every night after a long day at the Mayo Clinic.

I think this place is definitely worth checking out for the price. No hotel is perfect and there will always be complaints, but I will choose this hotel as my first option.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Michael Z
Airportgm, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words. We appreciate having you as our guest when you are in the Rochester area. I am passing the compliments on to the staff, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
America's Best Inn - Stewartville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester South
Comfort Suites Rochester
Comfort Suites Rochester
#21 of 52 in Rochester
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester
Days Inn & Suites Rochester South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, MN

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!