“Nice Place at a Nice Price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is a top-notch motel with top-notch atmosphere. The staff is friendly and well-spoken. There is an elevator, which is helpful with a three-story building. The furnishings, bedding, and carpeting are nice quality. Our queen-sized bed was very comfortable and our room was clean and quiet. The A/C was in good working order. The continental breakfast can't be beaten! There were eggs, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, as well as cereal, fresh fruit,yogurt, bagels and toast, juice, and coffee. And the price was quite fair!
There is a pool, but we did not take advantage of it. There are beverages and snacks available in a small canteen next to the registration desk.
They offer a shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We tried to give this property another chance after an "iffy" visit the last time we were in Rochester. This motel needs help from top to bottom. As occurred last time upon checking, we had to wait for the front desk clerk. The same thing took place every time I went to seek assistance: she was always in the back. Although she was very polite, I should not have to wait for her each time I need something. The first problem was almost immediately after we got into our room. After using the sink it didn't drain; the dirty water just sat there. So, I approached the clerk and she gave me another room, saying it was an "upgrade." The only upgrade was getting a hot tub instead of a couch. I doubt a hot tub is preferred by all guests - she never asked if this is what I wanted. Then, as we settled down for bed, we turned the heater on to get the chill out of the air. It immediately smelled like it was burning so we turned it off. Choice Hotels needs to monitor their properties much better to ensure the quality they stand for is upheld.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Clean and well layed out room. The area was well lit and lots of parking area. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. The room had good a/c and a small frig and microwave. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: The allow dogs for a 35 dollar per visit charge.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Three years ago we rented several rooms along with the hospitality room for a family event. That experience was so good we rented the same hospitality room along with several rooms for another weekend stay. It was for a wedding shower. When we arrived we wanted to check in early because my wife came down with the stomach flu earlier in the day. The housekeeping staff and manager on duty bent over backwards to get her a room before the normal check in time of 3:00PM. They also asked several times how else they could make her feel more comfortable. This is only part of their excellent level of service. One of our guests forgot some cash in their room. They called the front desk on the way home and they promptly mailed it to them. We also forgot some gifts from the wedding shower and located them for us and sent them to our staff UPS the next business day.
I have nothing but positive comments to say about this first class motel. Their level of service was second to none!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel was clean and had a full breakfast. That included eggs, toast, cold cereal, waffles, yogurt, and fresh fruit. It had a nice pool and larger jacuzzi. We needed to be on the north side of town so this was great, right off of hwy 52. Food near buy included McDonalds and Fazoli's within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel messed up our block of rooms for wedding party and guests. Mother of bride came to hotel night of wedding only to be told they gave her room away, by their mistake. She had to find her own place to stay and was from out of town, all hotels were full. My Sisters room was not clean when they checked in late evening, There was an unidentified red stain on the comforter and crackers on the floor. I also found stains and unidentified things on the walls in our bridal suite. They have a door between the living room and the bedroom that had a curtain on it for more privacy. It was not clean. This room was not romantic, actually pretty gross. I cannot mention what types of stains were in this room due to terms and conditions of this website, but I will tell you that this hotel could be doing a much better job to clean it up. I took photos to prove the things I saw in this hotel. I have never seen Uncleanliness like this in any hotel before. They also charged my card for my mother's room, the one she never got, so I had to talk to them and get a credit put back on. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and our 2 small dogs have been staying here for about 7 years when we are in town for Mayo. Property is in a great location, lots of green space and ideal for small pets. Fairly consistent for a Comfort Inn that is pet friendly and offers a very reasonable Mayo rate about $84/ night including tax. Great pool area and as previously stated hot tub is only luke warm. Plenty of free parking and a few fast food restaurants within about a block. As usual I enjoy a walk and this is a safe, quiet area to enjoy. All rooms have a hair dryer, small fridge, coffee pot and micro. Free coffee in lobby 24 hrs. Breakfast pretty standard. Negatives: We rented two rooms one pet, one non-pet. In the past you wouldnt know pets ever stayed in the rooms. This time we knew. Room smelled pretty bad, like wet dog and wasnt near as clean as the non-pet room. I thought they had a size restriction but saw large dogs, over 70lbs, on the property. The 2am clerk was rude when we checked in. Overall its not what it use to be but still a good value for the buck.

• Stayed: June 2013