“Friendly and nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
New York City, New York
“Friendly and nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Front counter were very professional. Very accommodating and wanting to do their best to make my stay comfortable. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was nice and the fruit and cookies are a special touch.
Ryan at front desk is exceptional.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recenst stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your visit. I greatly appreciate your comments and look forward to you staying with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Michelle Steffl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brownsville, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

It is obvious that the Country Inn & Suites are changing their look. Nice, modern artwork and furnishings. The French doors separating the bedroom from the living area was great! Loved the extra TV in the bedroom and the roomy sitting area and wet bar!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations that are being done at our location. We are looking forward to the completion of the first phase of renovations within the next month. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Rochester.

Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites Rochester South with a friend for one night. We were more than impressed with the clean rooms, friendly staff, and wonderful breakfast! I was able to take the complimentary shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic which was very helpful as I was traveling without a vehicle. I would suggest this hotel to anyone visiting the Rochester area!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that the shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic worked out well for your family. I hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Rochester area.

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

We arrived on Friday to visit my son who is staying in Rochester for the summer. First impressions were a nice looking exterior with petunia baskets, and a helpful front desk at check in. The lobby area is well decorated, with a dining room to the side. Room was spacious and beds comfortable. As noted in past reviews they are working on renovations. Our room looked to be fully done aside from baseboards to be added which I didn't notice to be honest, my husband did. He was only looking to try to understand past reviews.

The bathroom was nice, including upscale shampoo and conditioner products.

Very quiet at night.

Breakfast was above average, with waffles that had both blueberries and strawberries, an assortment of pastries, eggs, sausage and what not, plus an array of boxed cereals. I came down earlier for breakfast than the start time, because I hadn't paid attention, but that wasn't a big deal. The breakfast person was very nice.

All said, this hotel exceeded expectations and we will stay here later this summer during our next
trip to Rochester in a couple months.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms and look forward to the completion within the next month. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.

omaha, nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

When we arrived, there was a large sign announcing they were in the process of upgrading the rooms. There were some new mirrors and art in the rooms but the walls still needed repainting, which had absolutely no effect on our comfort during our stay. We stayed over a Friday-Saturday night and the hotel was definitely busy but our rooms were quiet as could be. The beds are pretty soft which was ok (I'm used to a firmer mattress). The breakfast was set up earlier than advertised (prior to 7am) on Saturday and Sunday which was great because we had to be out the door by 730am. The room had a microwave and minifridge, tons of towels, and pretty great toiletries. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the stairwell and the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to serve the continental breakfast earlier than the posted time. I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Bloomington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed on a Friday-Sunday. Right away we saw a sign apologizing, but they were in the middle of upgrading the rooms. There were new pictures/mirrors in the room, but the place still needed painting and carpet. Didn't bother us at all. We had a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Breakfast was good; waffle maker, plus french toast, eggs, biscuits, etc. Dining room staff were very nice as was all the staff. Pool was open and clean. There was a group of high school girls in town for a tournament, but were were on the other wing and only noticed them in the lobby or pool and they weren't a problem to us at all. Would stay here again, especially for the great price we received.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you stay with us on your next visit to Rochester.

Sincerelly,
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I booked this on Hotwire. It was listed as a 3 star hotel. Of course I was a little surprised that after I paid it was a Country Inn but the way hotels are remodeling...maybe it was nice.

No...it's not. The girl who checked me in has no business being in customer service as she acted like it was an inconvenience to check us in.

The room. It was just awful. It had a terrible odor, the walls had holes in them. The bathroom still had the last guests towels in a pile.

I didn't mind the location as it is just a short 5 minute drive to everything you could ever need.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I would like to apologize about the service you received from our front desk staff. This is unacceptable and I will be looking into this issue with our staff. I would also like to apologize for the condition of your guest room. We have just began a renovation in all of our guest rooms and look forward to the completion within the next few months. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the near future if your travels bring you back to our area.