Clean and safe; good value; I emphasize the word clean, too. I'm a single female traveler so safety is very important; I only stay in properties that have interior corridors. Room's door was solid and heavy; good additional dead bolt. Room key always worked; no fails or continuously trying to swipe to get in. Parking lot is in good repair and well-lit at night. Parking is all in front of hotel; was able to see my car from room, which I liked. While the property was off a busy road - you never heard traffic noise; speaking of noise, walls between rooms must be decent thickness - never heard neighbors at all. They have posted signs on exit doors indicating no running, horseplay or loud noises after 10:00 pm, which is when Quiet time begins. I appreciated that. I did not see any families with small kids during my two night stay - mostly seniors or business ppl. Outside of a thunderstorm, it was a quiet stay during the night and day. I did not use the pool or spa. I did not see water in the spa from the doorway, so either it was not working or the water level was low. The pool looked very nice and fairly large size. Deck area around pool was spacious and nice, plentiful furniture. BTW, interior pool so you can use it year round, a must up here where it gets so cold during the winter. Small lobby but sufficient as I do not know anyone who hangs around lobbies or sits in them - wasted space for the most part. However, this lobby was nice - coffee always available and, of course, the cookies. Right off the lobby is the breakfast area. There are seats for 44 people; substantial and it was never full while I was there but still busy. Always clean and well-lit. Hot breakfast items included scrambled eggs one day, western omelets the other; sausage links and patties, diced potatoes, and oatmeal. Also, make your own waffles, assortment of breads, bagels, muffins and fresh fruits (apples, oranges, sliced melons). The small refrigerator had milk (fat free white and chocolate) and yogurt. Juice machine had three choices, and there were 3 coffee choices. Substantial breakfast - much more than average continental type. I did not need lunch, really, after eating breakfast here. My room was in very good repair, clean and smelled nice. Air/heater unit was quiet and worked well and quickly - also no odors from it (many in other places always seem to smell musty or mildewy). Either the hotel is very new (less than 5 years?) or they maintain it well as ceiling and walls in room showed no dents, nicks, or any signs of needing paint touch-ups. Artworks (photographs not painted scenes) in room and bath was nice - contemporary and not standard hotel variety of crappy art. Large flat screen TV on swivel base. Small refrigerator and microwave were nice; coffee maker was standard small barely 2 cupper. Bathroom was very clean, tile and caulking were clean - no mold or stains. Good lighting and shower curtain was exvellent (clean but also let light through so you did not shower in near darkness). Good toiletries (Pantene and Vaseline). Beds were firm but still soft. For me, they were very good but mattress comfort is subjective - some prefer rock-hard and others pillowy soft. I found them to be very good and seemed new. Sheets were in good condition, pillows a bit small and very squishy but they give your extras on shelf in closet area. Very heavy comforter was on bed but was nice and warm. Towels in bath were plentiful and of decent thickness and not scratchy, rough but not the most soft either but more than ok. The hotel's name has "suites" in it but I would not call my room a suite. It was adequate size but was standard 2 queen beds, small square desk with two wooden chairs, 2 drawer dresser with TV on top, nightstand and bar counter with microwave and fridge underneath. No sofa, no comfrotable chair no second room that would qualify for a suite status.
Personnel: housekeeping were pleasant and always said hello. Morning dek staff were always there and smiling and said good morning. I originally planned to be in the area for only 1 night; they were quick to accommodate my needing a second night and honored my discounted rate. The night auditor, Donovan, was very nice and helpful during my check-in.
The only CONS that come immediately to mind are: bathtub is very slippery!! I almost fell 2 to 3 times - hotel needs to install some type of anti-skid or anti-slip decals to bottom of tub; accident and lawsuit waiting to happen. At same time, grab bar would be a nice addition. ONly thing to hold on to now is a bar so low it can only be reached if you reclining in a bath. A working alarm clock (my alarm went off only 1 of 2 days and setting the alarm time was problematic. Lastly, insufficient room lighting. During the day, the windows are large and let in tons of light but at night there is only the bedside lamp and two lights over small kitchen bar area. There should be an additional light source in corner of the room near the desk and chairs; working on my laptop at night was with very dim lighting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 15 minutes from downtown, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Rochester South, MN places you close to the Mayo Clinic and the Rochester International Airport (RST). We provide free shuttle service to both the clinic and the airport, making your stay more convenient. In town for a tournament? We’re near several sports venues, including the Mayo Civic Center and Rochester Regional Stadium. If you’ve had a long day of appointments or meetings, relax in the hotel’s indoor pool and hot tub. You can plan the next day’s schedule with free Internet. Free shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic and airport help you get to your next appointment or flight. Amenities and services include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Complimentary, Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free Shuttle Service (wheelchair shuttle service at guest expense), Indoor Pool and Hot Tub, and Business Center. When you’re ready for a great night’s sleep, kick back in a guest room or suite at our hotel. You can keep your kids happy by storing their drinks and snacks in the room’s refrigerator. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Microwave and Refrigerator, Coffeemaker, 32″ HDTV, and Kids 18 and Under Stay Free with an Adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, MN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Rochester South Hotel Rochester
- Country Inn And Suites Rochester South
- Rochester Country Inn