“Nice Hotel. Good Service, Hard to Get to!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Nice Hotel. Good Service, Hard to Get to!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked a room for my family which has three children and myself. Upon booking I told them I needed a room that would accommodate five people. Upon check-in the room had a king bed and a pull out sleeper. Nonetheless, this room was all that they had. I requested extra blankets and pillows which were given. The staff was pleasant when I told them the problem. The kids loved the pool area and the suite room with the extra room was nice. A couch for an additional sleeping area would have been ideal in the suites though. The hotel is tucked away on a side road so getting in and out was a little tricky but doable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am happy to hear that you and your family had a good stay with us. I would like to apologize that our suites do not have enough bed types for a larger family. I do hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Rochester area.

Michelle Steffl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wauconda, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nice hotel, great amenities. Weird getting to the hotel off the highway, but not a big deal. Great breakfast options. While the hotel was busy with many groups (most young kids), it didn't really have any negative impact on us. Was placed in an ADA room on 1st floor off lobby, which wouldn't have been my preference, but I slept well. Bedding was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the bedding in your room. We look forward to having you as our guest again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Used this location for an unexpected, bad-weather, stay without reservations. A phone call held the only room they had left which was a jacuzzi suite at a higher than avg. Rate. By the the time we arrived 30 minutes later, they recognized that they now had some lower cost rooms available and kindly offered one to us. The stay was pleasant, the halls were a bit "busy" with several teenage teams doing an overnite. Breakfast was among the best free breakfasts we've experienced and we typically do 20 plus... of these stays per year. Staff was attentive to keeping things restocked and clean, seating was spacious even with a full hotel.

Room Tip: Access is difficult. Getting back to the freeway is even harder if you are going North toward downto...
1 Thank 007TravelDog
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and hot breakfast exceeded your expectations. We look forward to havikng you as our guest again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Mesquite, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were here for six days. Donna at breakfast was great, as were Peter and Joseph behind the desk. (they were all nice, and professional...sorry I didn't get more names.) Breakfast was good with plenty of options and they use glass plates and real silverware....coffee, tea and cookies all the time. Small suite with two rooms, two TV's etc. We are pretty fussy, and all was good.

Room Tip: We were right at the top of the stars and it was perfect.....but, the hallway is not long and I don...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Leawood, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had a one day visit to Rochester that turned into two, but a room for a second night at my original hotel was not available. I did some searching and found the Country Inn & Suites South was available at an affordable rate. I had previously enjoyed Country Inn in other cities, so I jumped at the chance. I'm so glad I did!

While this facility is quite a bit further away from the Mayo Clinic, it was so worth it. The room was a real suite, with a nice sofabed and TV in one area and a separate bedroom. It was nice to be able to enjoy TV without sitting on the bed! The rooms were in good shape. The beds are typical of beds of hotels in this price range.

The heating/AC was a through-the-wall type, but very quiet. Overall, I found the place to be quiet. The bathroom was good, including the hoop-style shower curtain that offers so much extra room.

Breakfast was great - including fresh fruit, cereals, hot biscuits and gravy, sausages, and my favorite Belgian waffles.

The trip downtown is a bit further, but still pretty direct drive. Most of the challenge of getting to Mayo is navigating the route into the parking structures. The hotel is in an odd location - not intuitive at all, so it's best to have a GPS or good directions. You can see it from the main drag, but you'll need to head south and double back to find the hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is pretty isolated, so don't worry about noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were here. I apologize that our location is a bit difficult to get to with the road changes in our area. I do hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Sun City Center, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights this month during our visit to Mayo Clinic.

Our room was clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was good. It was nice to have an egg sandwich instead of the usually scrambled eggs that you get in a hotel.

The peanut butter cookies offered were delicious! I won't admit to how many we ate. The chocolate chip cookies were awful. Could not eat them!

Amanda at the desk was awesome! Because of our appointments at the Clinic she was able to give us a 4:00 checkout time! That is unheard of.]

Because of Amanda we are staying at this hotel again when we have to return to Mayo in 2 weeks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Amanda provided great customer service. I will be sure to pass along your comments to her. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your next visit to our area.

michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We recently stayed 3 nights at the Country Inn and Suites Rochester South. We ended up here by accident as I was not paying attention when I booked the hotel for Rochester. We always stay at the one on highway 52. I was a bit concerned that this hotel would be too far out for us.

It was a much nicer hotel than the Country Inn and Suites on highway 52! We were close to the mall for dinner, easy on and off to head into town. The hotel was great!

The staff was very friendly, lots of breakfast options from fresh cut fruit, yogurt, waffles, etc. The pool area was very nice and clean. We booked it again for our next trip. Its 100x better than the tired hotel we used to stay at. And it was about $20 a night cheaper. Win/ Win!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our guest rooms and overall hotel amenities met your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again during your next visit to Rochester.