We stayed here on our latest trip to Mayo, though when I booked through Orbitz I did not know this place offered Mayo Clinic rates until AFTER we checked out- so if you are going to Mayo, call the hotel directly and ask for their Mayo rates. It will save you $20. Had I known this, I would have called instead of booking through another site. That said, the Country Inn and Suites was quiet and our room was clean. The beds were not comfortable however and my husband and I did not sleep well. My husband also complained about the pillows. I always bring my own pillow, so this was not an issue for me. We did use the swimming pool, and it was a bit chilly but once you got in it was great. What was not-so-great was the pool bathroom. We swam on a Sunday night and it appeared the pool bathroom had not been cleaned for a long time. There was feces floating in the toilet and toilet paper on the floor. In addition, the trash in that bathroom was overflowing and someone had tossed their old socks in the trash which were hanging out. I stepped in, looked around and stepped out- preferring to wait until we went back to our room. The best thing about the visit was the breakfast. There were so many choices and the food was actually really good. The woman who was running the kitchen and working down there was the friendliest staff member we encountered in the hotel. She even asked if she could get us anything that we might want that wasn't offered. She is an asset to that hotel. Overall, would we stay again? Probably- but we may look for hotels with better beds and cleaner pool areas. We would definitely come back for the free continental breakfast and excellent staff serving breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 15 minutes from downtown, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Rochester South, MN places you close to the Mayo Clinic and the Rochester International Airport (RST). We provide free shuttle service to both the clinic and the airport, making your stay more convenient. In town for a tournament? We’re near several sports venues, including the Mayo Civic Center and Rochester Regional Stadium. If you’ve had a long day of appointments or meetings, relax in the hotel’s indoor pool and hot tub. You can plan the next day’s schedule with free Internet. Free shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic and airport help you get to your next appointment or flight. Amenities and services include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Complimentary, Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free Shuttle Service (wheelchair shuttle service at guest expense), Indoor Pool and Hot Tub, and Business Center. When you’re ready for a great night’s sleep, kick back in a guest room or suite at our hotel. You can keep your kids happy by storing their drinks and snacks in the room’s refrigerator. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Microwave and Refrigerator, Coffeemaker, 32″ HDTV, and Kids 18 and Under Stay Free with an Adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South, MN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Rochester South
- Country Inn & Suites Rochester South Hotel Rochester
- Rochester Country Inn