“Very clean, comfortable, gracious and helpful staff”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - South
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Miami
“Very clean, comfortable, gracious and helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here for a week while at the Mayo Clinic. The room was extremely clean, the furnishings comfortable, and the staff friendly, welcoming, and helpful at all times without being intrusive. We commented to each other several times during our stay on how impressed we were. This is a budget extended stay motel, so we expected to provide our own shampoo, etc, and knew that the daily maid service would be minimal. The standard for this sort of motel is different from overnight hotels.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better. Windows open for a nice breeze.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Plymouth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I echo Debra M.'s recent review. I was stuck in a smoking room, even thought there were other rooms available. If I wanted one, I would need to pay another $15. The clerk was rude, two other staff I encountered that day were extremely unhappy. I was given a can of Fabreze to make my smoking room better, which of course did not work. This is not the first time I have had a negative experience at an Extended Stay America hotel

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask to be placed far away from any smoking rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alec A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Alec - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not have any non-smoking rooms available at the time of your check-in. Please know, while a booking through a third party does not guarantee a room type, if you call us directly after booking, we would do our best to fulfill your request at no additional charge. Still, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate the smell as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us
Lenexa, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Although I made the reservation two months in advance for a non-smoking double queen room, I was put into a smoking room because they had nothing else available. The room smelled horrible and so did the beds and pillows! The manager did nothing to make the situation better and did not seem to care that we were unhappy. I had reserved a block of nine rooms for an event and other people in our group also had problems. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't assume you will get a non-smoking room just because that is what you reserved.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debra M
Irvine, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I booked this hotel because of a good rate. The hotel staff was very helpful and cheerful.

It was advertised as a full kitchen, then I found no oven (so no pizza). The trash was not taken out daily. No hair dryer. No small hair care products. I booked a non-smoking room and I did not receive that.

Because of these factors I will not be book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

While missing things like a pool and fitness room, the room was nicely appointed and very quiet even though we were next to the freeway. Another great thing, the windows opened up so we could get some nice MN summer weather. Don't count on a fancy breakfast - but it is okay. Staff was very friendly - even when i kept needing new keys. :-). All in all a great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with stay and that my staff is friendly, and that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Very, very nice hotel at a great value. Wonderful, friendly staff! We will stay here again when my husband returns to Mayo Clinic. Rooms have a large refrigerator & freezer...save money and food shop just a short distance away. Be prepared to not have housekeeping services and to exchange your towels at the front desk. I prefer not to have housekeeping come in because then I can leave my stuff out. We usually stay at timeshares so we don't have that service anyway. Having a mini kitchen and a super clean room make up for what some would consider shortcomings. Jayla & Kathleen at the front desk make up for the rest!!!

Room Tip: If you smoke, this is one of the last frontiers!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Shirley - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and the amenities that our hotel has to offer. As well, it is great to read that our staff was so helpful to you during your stay, especially Jayla and Kathleen.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
West Buxton, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Clean, neat and with everything you need to stay. Whether that's for a night or much longer. This is a basic hotel, but well taken care of and very clean. The bathroom was in excellent shape. The only minor complaint I would have was that for me, the bed was too firm. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others as a convenient, quiet and clean place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean, quiet room and our convenient location. Still, I do want to apologize for the firmness of our beds.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.