“Long Time customer”

Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Silvis, Illinois
“Long Time customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel every time we come to MN to visit family. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. There is a small kitchen in each room that has everything you need, but no oven. We have been staying here for at least the past ten years, if not longer, and have never had any complaints.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team for providing you and your Husband with friendly service. As well, I am glad that you like your clean room, especially the kitchen.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We have enjoyed having you stay with us for the past ten years and we look forward to having you stay with us for many more to come.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cherry Valley, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here for over 2 months for a summer job and the front desk clerks and manager were rude and nonprofessional. They got a complaint from a man in room next to my room that my alarm kept going off at 5:30 in the morning and I kept on hitting snooze. My alarm was set for 6:30 every morning and I used my cell phone as an alarm. The man would hit my wall and would even pound on my door every morning to tell me to shut my alarm off. The front desk kept on harassing me to tell me to shut off my alarm, and did not believe me when I told them it was not me!(the alarm that came with the room was unplugged so I could have my printer plugged in). Finally I gave the front desk the alarm (with a signed note that they had received it). This did not stop the pounding every morning, I was going to call the police next time it happened since I was getting concerned for my safety, but he finally left. This went on for over a week. The manager did nothing. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try Extended Stay North maybe.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of your neighbor and lack of staff response. In response to your feedback, we are working with staff to provide options for diffusing guest disagreements so that this situation does not occur in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here for a week while at the Mayo Clinic. The room was extremely clean, the furnishings comfortable, and the staff friendly, welcoming, and helpful at all times without being intrusive. We commented to each other several times during our stay on how impressed we were. This is a budget extended stay motel, so we expected to provide our own shampoo, etc, and knew that the daily maid service would be minimal. The standard for this sort of motel is different from overnight hotels.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better. Windows open for a nice breeze.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Plymouth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I echo Debra M.'s recent review. I was stuck in a smoking room, even thought there were other rooms available. If I wanted one, I would need to pay another $15. The clerk was rude, two other staff I encountered that day were extremely unhappy. I was given a can of Fabreze to make my smoking room better, which of course did not work. This is not the first time I have had a negative experience at an Extended Stay America hotel

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask to be placed far away from any smoking rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alec A
Alec - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not have any non-smoking rooms available at the time of your check-in. Please know, while a booking through a third party does not guarantee a room type, if you call us directly after booking, we would do our best to fulfill your request at no additional charge. Still, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate the smell as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us
Lenexa, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Although I made the reservation two months in advance for a non-smoking double queen room, I was put into a smoking room because they had nothing else available. The room smelled horrible and so did the beds and pillows! The manager did nothing to make the situation better and did not seem to care that we were unhappy. I had reserved a block of nine rooms for an event and other people in our group also had problems. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't assume you will get a non-smoking room just because that is what you reserved.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debra M
Irvine, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I booked this hotel because of a good rate. The hotel staff was very helpful and cheerful.

It was advertised as a full kitchen, then I found no oven (so no pizza). The trash was not taken out daily. No hair dryer. No small hair care products. I booked a non-smoking room and I did not receive that.

Because of these factors I will not be book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

While missing things like a pool and fitness room, the room was nicely appointed and very quiet even though we were next to the freeway. Another great thing, the windows opened up so we could get some nice MN summer weather. Don't count on a fancy breakfast - but it is okay. Staff was very friendly - even when i kept needing new keys. :-). All in all a great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with stay and that my staff is friendly, and that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.