“Definitely recommend”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - North
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 24 March 2013

From check in to check out, I have no complaints. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the wi-fi was fast and the grab and go breakfast was nice. If I am ever needed back at The Mayo I will check this hotel first.

Room Tip: Look on priceline. We saved half the price:)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a GREAT review about your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was friendly & your room was clean. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

If u like sleeping in a maximum hard bed this is the place for you! Staff was great, accommodating. Rooms were clean. This place would have a 5 star rating from me if it weren't for those nasty, hard beds.

• Stayed: March 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay I am thrilled to hear that the staff was very friendly. I do apologize for the bed being so uncomfortable thank you for bringing this to our attention. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We pulled into this hotel after deciding to pull off the road during a snowstorm and the staff was very welcoming. The room was clean and neat with more space than we are used to getting at La Quinta where we normally stay with our dog.

Just one little thing that bothered me - they should have told us about the $25 fee for our dog before we committed but if it hadn't been for the snow and the road conditions we probably would have kept going. I can see $5 or even $10 extra but $25 would have stopped us.

Room Tip: Only stayed one night, one room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our property in Rochester, Minnesota. I am always happy to hear when our staff offers as welcoming atmosphere to our customers. In regards to your comment about the Pet Fee I hope you can understand we use this to ensure the room gets properly cleaned for our next traveler. We hope to see you during your next planned travels.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Always a no hassle situation in reserving a room, having it ready when we arrive, and a functional room where everything works. A real plus is the friendly staff, who also happen to be very efficient.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that everything was efficient and that the staff was so friendly. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Our stay in Rochester, Mn was for six weeks the hotel was clean the staff was excellent. I have found many times that the staff makes the Hotel and this was the case at Extended Stay North. It is close by to a mall which makes it nice for picking up essentials. There are gas stations nearby and plenty of places to eat we would stay there again and intend to in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank K163

Thank you for your great review of our property in Rochester. I'm glad that the staff here was so outstanding and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We got a ridiculously reasonable rate for this hotel on Priceline. We stayed for two nights. There were two different female employees at the desk at various times of the day: Jayla and Jessica. Both are experts at customer service and making everyone feel like we were coming home each time they saw us. The room was sparkly clean, very nice kitchenette with full refrigerator, burners, small microwave, sink plus all the pots, pans, dishes and silverware you will need. Even the room attendant was friendly and accommodating when we needed extra supplies. The hotel itself is very conveniently located just off Hwy 52 and near a large Target and several restaurants/food joints - Applebee's, Chipotle, Panera. Tons more are just a little further and just a hop, skip and a jump to Mayo Clinic down the highway for a couple of minutes. If you don't need a pool or a hot tub, try this place. There is a recently-added grab and go breakfast available each morning: 6:30 - 9:30 which includes coffee, tea, muffins, breakfast bars, oatmeal, and a fruit selection. Nice, clean beds, bathroom (bring your own hairdryer!), iron and ironing board included plus toaster. One of the few places we have stayed that you can actually regulate the temperature with an under the window unit that actually works well and is quiet! Room at night was quiet even though place was filled with a girls basketball team and entourage. We will definitely stay here again, can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Room 219 was on a quiet side with limited parking, no lights, no noise. Make sure you request a non...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Rochester Property. I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed out Grab and Go Breakfast as well as all other amenities offered throughout the property. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I think this is one of the better places in the Rochester area. A "good bang for your buck" First off Free wifi, free light continental breakfast, nice kitchenette, free parking , Free shuttles to Mayo or St Mary's , great front desk staff . All awesome things, what brings down such a positive review is the fact that someone didn't do their job. The cleaning staff did not clean under the beds or behind the recliner. Ex: a compact disc and a clump of used tissues under the bed and either pills or mints and some fingernail clippers behind the recliner. I would recommend this hotel and i would give it one more try. When I go to my hotel room i want it to be a home away from home. Clean room happy customer. I hope this was just a fluke, hotel staff apologized for the problems.

Room Tip: I prefer first floor room rooms were quiet and eaisly accessible for mobility stroller
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the Items you found from the previous guest. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to the area.