“Nothing fancy. Priced reasonably.”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - North
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Bring your own dish soap. If you want more than 2 silverware of each kind..you may want to bring some of your own. I would recommend an end room since you can hear your neighbors running water at times. I also had a 1st floor, the people above me sounded like they were 3000 lbs and were going to come through my ceiling. I spoke to someone a few doors down and they had the same experience. I would say that they could've put more money into the builing materials to ensure soundproofing. If you chose to stay on the 2nd floor to avoid this...I overheard a woman who usually stays on the 1st floor complaining that the smell of smoke was irritating to them from the smoking rooms that were up there. There is no radio in the room only a cheap alarm clock which may be a blessing since the poor construction to inhibit noise. Bring earplugs for those that are light sleeper. Most people are clinic patients and don't stay up late; so, it may be o.k. The chair only reclines and would be nice to have a rocker/recliner. No oven., only 2 kettles...and a microwave, fridge and stove top. If you're going to cook anything in the microwave...you better bring your own dishes...casserole glass containers ...etc...because there isn't anything at all there. It's a pretty good deal for the price. No frills, grab and go breakfast isn't much..but, is something. If you bring your towels back for exchange...ask for an even exchange for what you brought. No one is at the desk for night house and they don't come in until 7am.A laundry person is behind the counter; but is not a desk clerk. She will do what she can to help you. It is the basics and will get you buy. Room was clean and works.

Room Tip: Having a hotel with a shuttle was nice. Keep this in mind because you have to pay for parking at May...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Connie V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Connie - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise from surrounding guests and that your room did not meet your expectations. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we are going to work on enhancing our offerings moving forward so that our guests feel more comfortable while staying with us in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rnt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Very clean, easy to find, pleasant folks on check in and check out. Breakfast is a generous definition for what is there: prepackaged muffins that are god-only-knows are how old; "bars" in candy bar wrappings; tea was not even Lipton, but some brand I have never heard of before and will not be seeking in the future. No hair shampoo provided in the room!
Hard to criticize, because it has a lot of other excellent amenities. Get the details right and I'd probably go again.... .

Room Tip: get a room that faces away from the freeway, as it will be quieter but I was so tired when I got the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We assure you it is fresh food ordered every week, but will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to our offerings. We also would like to thank you for the nice compliment on our cleanliness as we strive provide all of our guests with a high level of cleanliness.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at RNT@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for nearly 8 months during my official visit to Rochester. They have nice rooms with adequate facilities. The staffs were also very good and cooperative. You can get attractive rates for the rooms if you are planning to stay here for long term. Recommended for a long stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the friendliness of the staff and that the affordability of our rates.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel from a Monday to a Friday. We were never told upon check in that every day we had to bring our wet towels down and exchange them for clean ones. When we did do that, the lady at the front desk would only give us a couple of each towel, which wasn't enough for the 3 of us to take showers. The room was very clean, however they could stand to clean under the furniture better. There was candy aside the recliner from a previous guest. Our worst experience on this trip was the day of our trip...checkout day. My grandaughter had her last appt. at Mayo Clinic at 945am. I wouldn't have known till after this appt if we got to go home or not, so I asked the man that was at the front desk if we could have an extra half hour or an extra hour to check out (checkout time is at 11am). That way we wouldn't have to take all of our stuff out of our room till after the appt when we got back there since we didn't know if we were going to have to continue to stay or not. KEEP IN MIND MOST HOTELS WORK WITH YOU AND DON"T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS. The man at the front desk said we HAD to be out by the 11am check out time, no excuses. Well, we ended up having to stay over the weekend, so had to find a different hotel after her appt. Thank you to the man at the front desk who was so rude. He also told us we had missed our shuttle to Mayo. He told me this at 9am. I told him it comes at 10 after every hour and he disagreed. Well, we stood and waiting for the 10 minutes and low and behold the bus DID come as scheduled. What a horrible experience. After paying so much money to stay from a monday to a friday at this hotel, doesn't a person deserve better treatment than that?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Barb J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Barb - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that our staff was unable to accommodate your late check-out. Please know, while we always strive to fulfill our guests requests, we are not always able to due to occupancy and demand. Still, as this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached my staff on how to handle our late check-out requests better moving forward to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am working with them on our check-in communication so that it includes information on our housekeeping policy and towel/linen exchange.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rnt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

More cleaning needs to be done. There was a pile of gummy bears spilled by the recliner. Also, they shouldn't charge the same fee as other hotels that you get daily housekeeping. We stayed 5 days and they only come in if you stay 1 week. Each day we had to carry down our wet towels, and the lady at the desk would only allow us 2 bath towels, 2 washcloths and 2 hand towels and there were 4 of us. She said they were short towels...and said that every day. We were never even given enough towels to all shower. I think a person deserves towels when staying in a hotel. Also, the tv's don't have very many channels, and the channels they do have are only the basic local channels, and CNN, etc. The breakfast was terrible and the same exact thing every day...fruit, oatmeal, or granola bars. I have never stayed in a hotel where you had to about rob someone in order to get fresh towels daily. I will not stay here ever again. I am going back to staying at the hotels who charge the same daily price, but that come in and give you fresh towels daily, at least. The elevator floor was dirty the whole time we stayed there also. NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've never stayed here so if the fact there is no shampoo, or they don't clean on a daily basis, the Internet is slow, and free breakfast is a bar, instant oatmeal and fruit. Than my fault. But if that is indeed the case, than why charge the same amount as most everyone else that at least gives you base service. Sorry, epic fail in my humble opinion. On a good note, the bed was comfy, I'm still not sold on these new small pillow squares, but it seems like everyone has them.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you our amenity policy was not communicated to you at check-in and that you did not enjoy the different hotel offerings. In response to your feedback, I am ensuring that our staff does a better job of explaining our amenities upon check-in. As we continue to enhance our offerings, we will also keep your feedback in mind.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jgroski@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had surgery at St Mary's and it was a big room with recliner and kitchenette and full size fridge, microwave, small coffee pot.. Disappointed that it had no oven just a cook top. Would stay again. Staff nice and so were rest of guests. Didn't think I would enioy grab and go breakfast but did.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your room and amenities. We are happy you enjoyed the grab-and-go breakfast as well.