“Tasty shrimp” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Eau Claire, WI
“Tasty shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Visited this shop in a north side strip mall. Very clean, and my young friend who was dining with her Mom and I said the bathrooms are great. We all had the all you can eat shrimp special (Thursday night). The shrimp were battered in an almost tempura like breading, very light. Had a side salad and a baked potato. The fried fish served at another table also looked very good.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank suzb75

Rochester, Minnesota
“First try”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We live in the area and loved the original in Winona so gave it a try. I really wanted to like it for old time's sake but ....not so much. First, my wife had scallops and liked them. I had frog's legs and they were ridiculously bad. Smallest ones i've ever seen and super thick soaked with grease breading. Frozen fries right out of the bag. I never write restaurant reviews but come on now. You've got to try a little.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dover, Minnesota, United States
“LAME!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This past weekend my wife ordered their shrimp tacos.When it arrived it was a tortilla,a splash of cole slaw,some wilted lettuce and some microscopic salad shrimp that came out of a can.Add a splash of some mystery sauce & that was their excuse for fine dining.My son & I ordered the battered fried catfish and true to the other reveiws it was extremly greasy.Later that evening our son actually ending up getting sick at the place where he works.This is one family that will not be returning.Wishing I had my $57.00 back!!.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michael N
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Tasty fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

This looks like a fast food place with a few tables and chairs to sit. You order what you want, pick it up and pay. We brought our food to the car and ate looking at the sunset, a few minutes drive out. The fried fish was delicious with the sauce and fries were also English version of Fish and Chips!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Nicknet
“Not like it used to be!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Being from Winona wanted to give it a try. Kind of disappointed. As other reviews have stated, food was a little greasy. Had onion rings. Good flavor but kind of greasy. My wife had cod and I had shrimp, both batter fried. Shrimp was good tasting and batter was good, just greasy. Cod was about the same. French fries were very mediocre. Disappointed (shocked is more the word) that I had to pay extra for beets. A staple at the Hot Fish Shop was the pickled beets. And they used to be good!! To have to pay extra for a little dish of beets??? Oh well lesson learned I guess. For those who were wondering-it's not the same. Ok but nothing great. For the price I probably would not return.

• Visited May 2013