“pho chau bad choice for a night out !”
Review of Pho Chau

Pho Chau
Ranked #3 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Waitress was very helpful and great service however the owner was very rude to the staff in front of us and others .. the food is very cheap for a reason .. I ended up getting sick from the food and will not be going back !

The only reasons I gave two stars was due to the amazing service by waitress's and even helped us with directions !

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Pho Chau is an amazing place to dine. It is conveniently located on North Broadway. The menu is expansive and everything I have had is amazing. The portions are huge and served before you can even start your tea! I don't know how they do it but every time I go and no matter how busy they are, I love the quick ordering, fast service of very fresh, hot food and tea, quick check presentation if asked and carry out containers. I usually save 1/2 of the meal for another time or share with someone due to the portion size. There is nothing better than the rice noodle soup with choices of meat, fish, vegetables on a cold winter day. This restaurant continues to be a fave for my family and friends!

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

There's few things that depress me more than walking into a sad and empty Pho house. Luckily for me and for them, this place is packed, and for a good reason: the food is healthy and fresh. The soup bowls are three times bigger than an average adult's face, and I doubt you'll leave here feeling comfortable in any way. We were so stuffed and we only ate half a bowl of vegetarian Pho. I doubt you'll find a better Pho house in the entire Midwest area.

1  Thank MitsoukoRussie
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have been going to Chau's since it opened and even before that when she was still at Hunan Wok Express on 7th Street NW (which is also a great place to eat). She is such a sweet lady and loves hugs :) She always remembers names & dishes people like! Egg Drop soup is the best I've had - not just a yellow thick bowl of something, but it actually has plump mushrooms, real eggs, and green onion. Spring Rolls are delicious, along with the Lo Mien and Shrimp Fried Rice. This is definitely one of the top places to eat in Rochester, MN!

1  Thank Hana A
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Well we were in Rochester for the weekend and went to a couple other places. Sunday a lot of downtown restaurants are closed so we ended up at Chau's place, we should've just went there in the first place and not wasted time looking!
I had the deep fried shrimp and the wife had the soup, both were very good. Shrimp was plentiful, large, maybe a bit too much breading but tasty! The wife loved the veggies in her soup and the broth was good.
We both shared one of the crepes. Way too much food to eat but we wanted to try the crepe. A few shrimp and some pork, bean sprouts which I really like and fresh lettuce and veggies on the side, yummy.
Chau, as usual was her cheery self, always happy and welcoming and she made sure all was well.
Thanks Chau!!!!!

Been to Pho Chau? Share your experiences!