“Sports bar and grill - plenty of big screens for the game”
Review of Dooley's Pub

Dooley's Pub
Ranked #23 of 305 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Friendly - outdoor seating available - lots of big screens. We attended during a work conference and the vendor had booked the entire facility. The staff was friendly, attentive, and the appetizers they provided were very good. A block away from the Holiday Inn - I'd def return.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We came along here to watch the US World Cup game vs. Portugal, rather than stay cooped up in our hotel.

The place was packed by game time, so I'm glad we showed up in time to select seats we liked. it eventually became SRO for those who expected to saunter in about 35 minutes into the match.

Our server was pretty good; outstanding early on, but as the place got busier, it was less so. Later in the game, we asked at least two servers for popcorn, but it took a lot t actually get some.

the waiter's recommendations were good. The chili was OK; not outstanding, but filling and fine. Generous serving for a bowl. Onion rings were very good, and the serving was huge--definitely for sharing. The Rueben Spring Rolls were very good, and a great twist on the typical sandwich.

All in all, a fun time, decent service and better than adequate food for a bar.

Plus, if you are here for a sports event, the TVs are visible with decent views from almost anywhere.

One note-most of the tables are pub height, so if that's a challenge for you, call ahead and reserve something accessible.

For Mayo people, it's on the Subway, so weather is not an issue.

Too bad the US couldn't hold on to the lead :(

1  Thank Joan Fagnani M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Loved the popcorn! It was so salty. (Goal is to get customers to order more drinks.) My husband and I had lunch here one day. His pulled pork sandwich came with Dooley's home made potatoe chips. God they were good! We both loved them! I had the wedge and did not like the way it was served. Instead of the wedge of iceberg lettuce being topped with the dressing, bacon and blue cheese crumbles, etc., it was served "do it yourself." Meaning, each ingredient was on the plate but I had to mix them together myself. We stopped by again during "Thursdays on First and Third." I had iced tea and my husband had a couple of beers; we noshed on the popcorn and enjoyed people watching. The day of my surgery, my husband finally made his way out of the hospital, and returned to Dooley's for dinner and beer before calling it a day. He found it a great place to unwind after a stressful day of waiting around the hospital.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Wow, can someone change the channel? if you wish to watch sports in Rochester, this may be the place. there are > 15 television, not to mention a couple large screen projectors. while we were there all the TV's with the exception of maybe 2-4 had the blackhawks vs kings game on. the remaining TV's had the REPLAY of the basketball playoffs. REALLY?? you need that many sets turned to the hockey game and the rest on a game played the night before? ridiculous!
the food was average at best. i had the BBQ pulled pork sandwich. the menu states "house smoked tender pork" - very doubtful since i could not taste any smoke flavor on the meat. without the BBQ sauce it tasted like a regular pork sandwich.
popcorn was good and not too salty.
prompt service. not in a hurry to return.

1  Thank rettup
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went there for the first time last night! Great service, food, and drinks. No complaints, I highly recommend this place!