Aspen Suites Rochester
  • Breakfast included
US$172
US$160
TownePlace Suites
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$171
Red Carpet Inn(Rochester)
US$69
Hotels.com
All reviewsunderground parkingcanadian honkermary's hospitalacross the streetdvd librarymayo clinictwo bedroom suitesmall kitchenfree laundryevening snackshome away from homepots and pansfull size refrigeratorstove topcaribou coffeelaundry rooman extended stay
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was here for a week recently while visiting Mayo. I feel I made the right choice with the Aspen Suites and would stay there again. I had a one room suite that was pretty spacious, with a small kitchen, desk, sofa and large comfy bed. There is a flat screen television with the full local cable package, rather than the typical generic channels available at most chain hotels.

The property has a free breakfast and a local shuttle. I typically walked downtown as the weather was nice and it only took about 15 minutes. I also made a visit to St. Mary's which is conveniently right across the street. The adjacent Canadian Honker restaurant had decent food but there weren't many other great dining choices nearby (but there are alternatives if you into fast food). There is a very limited fitness center with a few pieces of cardio equipment and a small hot tub & some video games in a recreation room.

Aspen Suites was a very good value and I would recommend it to others.

4  Thank rjc260
Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you are coming to Rochester to receive medical care at St. Mary's, we highly recommend you stay at The Aspen Suites! The hotel is perfectly located directly across the street from the hospital, the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean and they offer a complete hot breakfast. More importantly, the staff is is caring, responsive and flexible. My mother was hospitalized for heart surgery and experienced some complications which caused us to continually change our plans and room needs. The staff couldn't have been more understanding, helping us work through our needs and removing this stress during a very difficult time. Special recognition goes to to Bobbie and Missy at the front desk who bent over backwards to accommodate us! I have spent my career in the travel and tourism business and it takes great service to impress me. The service at Aspen Suites and the quality of the rooms and amenities are phenomenal for the price. We are so grateful for the care we received from the staff at Aspen Suites!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The washer and dryers were great, breakfast wonderful, and the employees made you feel at home. This is not a luxury hotel, but this was the perfect place for me for over a week while with my daughter at St. Mary's hospital.

1  Thank Anne3717
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed four nights here while my husband was at St. Mary's. Perfect location. The room was wonderful, great ventilation, comfy bed. It felt like home away from home. The breakfast was very good. And the room smelled clean and fresh when you walked in.

1  Thank BridgetMN
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

There were a few really nice things about this hotel: the parking garage below was a bonus- not parking in the city was great! The service was awesome... Very nice and helpful employees. The rooms were spacious, clean, and the beds were so comfy I slept in an extra hour and a half (whoops!... Not my fault!). Extra bonus: free body lotion... A girl's gotta stay moisturized. The only downside was we came to this city as a stop on our roadtrip... We had no clue that the entire area was a medical hub and catered to patients and their families. Definitely felt a little out of place... And felt weird about it, so just a heads up if you're not familiar with the town.

• Stayed: August 2013