All reviews canadian honker underground parking mary's hospital across the street two bedroom suite mayo clinic free laundry home away from home evening snacks mini kitchen pots and pans dvd player full size refrigerator stove top offer free heart surgery washers and dryers
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent stay will recommend this hotel to any one who needs to visit the beautiful city of Rochester MN Clean and very friendly staff , great location, spacious rooms ample parking lot and amenities for anyone who needs to visit the Mayo Clinic right across the street.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your generous comments about the hotel and staff. I am glad that you found our rooms to be spacious and that our location worked out for you so well across from the St Marys campus of the Mayo Clinic. We hope you choose Aspen should your travels bring you back to Rochester! Happy Holidays! Laurel.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

The staff here was so caring and helpful during our stay. My brother was in the ISU, we were stressed and exhausted. They were so accommodating and did everything they could to help us. We so appreciated the laundry facilities, the breakfast each morning, the hot beverages all the time, and the soup many nights!

Room Tip: So appreciated the "living area" and the recliner. More than a few people grabbed a nap there. Great to have a little room to move around.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Aspen Suites and for taking the time to share you experience with others. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be caring and helpful - that means a lot to hear that! I hope your brother is on the mend and that you have a great Holiday season. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Had to be in Rochester for an extended period and the location across St. Mary's hospital complex is unbeatable. The mini suites are ideal as they are equipped with kitchenette, an ample refrigerator and kitchen ware for three people including pots and pans. Very convenient since nearby are grocery stores. The bathroom is adequate an can accommodate a chair that they provided at no extra charge.Even wheel chairs are abundant to choose from at the lobby. Breakfast is quite good with excellent bacon that some people abuse in consumption.
The personnel is a mixture, some are very helpful others quite dry.
The convenience of the free underground garage is appreciated in cold or rainy days
The overall cleanliness is a mixed bag since they do not clean on weekends and the severity of the checking out time is a little exaggerated. The quality of the towels is
poor.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Aspen Suites with other travelers - you bring up good, but also point out some challenges that you had, which I appreciate. You can't fix a problem if you don't know it exists. I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms, location and breakfast. And yes - the underground parking is a great asset in Minnesota. Please note when you stay with us again - that we do provide housekeeping on weekends - you just need to let us know that you want it. There is no additional charge, I apologize if we did not make that clear. Weekend housekeeping is by request only - as some of our extended stay guests just don't want to be bothered on the weekend. I am sorry our towels were not to your liking - I will check with laundry to make sure inventory is not getting tired. Again, thank you for all your comments, they are appreciated! Happy Holidays, Laurel.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Aspen Suites without a doubt is the choice to stay while in the Rochester - Mayo Clinic area!
My husband had heart surgery at Mayo and the folks at the hotel were simply amazing in providing the best hospitality . T-Th evening they had social hour with snacks , the hot breakfast every morning was great and conveinant , beds were the best and I'm picky ! The room has a separate bedroom with french doors so you can relax in the living room while others may want to sleep in or turn in early . The kitchen is great with 2 burner stovetop if needed, dishwasher , fridge ...The front door is steps to the St Mary's Mayo Hospital . Next door is a couple great places to eat with extensive menus ( Canadian Honker and the Cafe )
I sat in the mornings with coffee by their tall stone fireplace and some evenings too. This hotel had all the upscale feeling you want without the " stuffiness" you may expect in some similar. Warm friendly staff at the desk . Thank you Michelle for you chats about my husbands heart surgery and letting me know if I needed to talk or anything you were there... wow talk about caring staff. The gal who handles the breakfast which I'm sorry I can't remember her name was so sweet and wanting to accommodate as well.
We almost picked Kahler Suites , I'm so glad I went with Aspen Suites .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your generous review! We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with others. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and had a great hospitality experience - that means a lot to us! It is great that you enjoyed so many of the ammentities that we have to offer - and I will let Kay know that you appreciated her service at breakfast as well - she is a gem! Michelle is a treasure as well - she will be happy that you remembered her in writing this review, I will make sure that she sees it. Thank you for staying with us and Happy Holidays! Laurel.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Best I have experienced while traveling. Nice breakfast buffet. Also had a hot soup and roll for an evening meal. Right across the street from St Mary's Hospital. Underground parking included. Even let me park there prior to checking in because of early family member surgery.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thank you for your generous review of the Aspen Suites Hotel! I am so glad that you found so many positives with the hotel - am am happy that you found our bed and pillows to be to your liking and that the location and breakfast were great as well! Yes, and anyone can park early if they arrive before check-in, a lot of people do that to get to appointments on time. Thank you again for staying with us - Warm Regards, Laurel.