Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Olathe, Kansas
“Nice, clean reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Agree with a previous reviewer - this is a basic Holiday Inn Express. It was clean, well maintained, nice (recently built/decorated), but no frills. Bathrooms were clean, room was cleaned daily.

Breakfast wasn't great, but it was about what I expected. Bagels, coffee, yogurt, pancakes, eggs.

Located nearby a couple of restaurants. Not a lot of choices within walking distance, but we made do for five days.

I would return again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melany L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. All of our guest comments help us to guide and direct our operations staff.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We definatly try to keep our facility nice and clean. We are going to be adding a few things to our Express Start breakfast in the near future.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve you and my staff and I look forward to hosting you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
fayetteville, ar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Checked in was fast, breakfast was good, but there must have been an elephant staying in the room above me that liked to roam. Either the sound proofing between floors is bad or the guest tipped the scales at 400lbs. He keep me up until 2am and he started pacing again at 6am... the east side of the property has lots fo traffic noise.... so unless yo can get the 4th floor on the west side sleeping might be a bit of a problem. I changed hotels and their room was SUPER quite...

Room Tip: 4th floor west side will be the quietest room..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, 21 January 2014

We are sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. We do offer a white noise machine or ear plugs at the front desk. On your next visit we can try to accommodate you in a room over looking the parking lot on the fourth floor.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This is your basic holiday inn express. It is located right on the highway and within easy walking distance to Mayo Clinic (St. Mary's campus--note: not close to the main campus). There are a few fast food restaurants that are also walking distance. Staff was nice, and the rooms were new and immaculate.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank RamblingRazorback
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2013

I am very pleased that you found our hotel to be very clean. Our staff works really hard and takes pride in our hotel.

Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is nice and clean. Good breakfast. Staff is very nice. However, if you are a light sleeper, you should avoid this place. LOTS of road noise. We moved to Aspen Suites after one night. Aspen Suites is quieter and less expensive -- a much better choice in my humble opinion.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WisKim
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear WisKim

We are sorry that you were unable to sleep well. We have purchased a couple white noise machines and ear plugs that are available at our front desk. We are sorry that we lost as a guest and we hope that you would try us again.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. Our guest comments is what helps us become a hotel that guest love.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 days while undergoing tests at the Mayo Clinic. Only complaint was that here was no hot water one morning due to a problem with the hotel boilers. The hotel was quiet, clean & comfortable and the staff was friendly. It is a 20-25 minute walk to the Mayo Clinic, and there is also a free shuttle if wish to use it. Many guests seemed to be unaware that there is free underground parking beneath the hotel. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear PortlandRover:

I am very pleased that you found our hotel to be very clean and quiet. I am very sorry that you were unable to have hot water due to a problem we had with one of our boilers. We had a part replaced and now it should not be a problem during your next visit. I am glad you were able to use our underground parking as well. It will be very handy during our cold winter days.

usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here for a few days with my family for a hospital visit. Very clean and quiet hotel, probably one of the best I have stayed in. Seems like it was recently renovated and it shows. Front desk is very helpful and nice. Sometimes parking can be a challenge, it is obviously very popular. Breakfast is good. We were looking for restaurants that deliver dinner to the hotel, so we called the front desk. He offered and did come to our room with a pamphlet with all the useful information. High five!
No complaints here, would surely recommend and come back if we ever have to! Thanks for making our stay pleasant!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Mrn234:

I am very pleased you found our hotel to be clean and quiet. I am also very pleased that our guest service associates were well prepared and prompt in their information regarding restuarants in our area. Rochester has a huge variety of restuarants to satisfy many different tastes. In fact, we take great pride in finding excellent and unique dining experiences for our guests.

Leawood, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were cruising through Rochester for an appointment at Mayo so we needed a nice place to stay. We had previously stayed at the downtown hotel of the same chain a few years earlier. This time we elected to stay a bit further away in hopes of finding a better-maintained facility.

We made the right choice! Though it was quite a bit more expensive, the facility was in wonderful shape and parking was free.

The hotel is within a block of Mayo's St. Mary's Hospital. There are pedestrian friendly traffic crossing lights en route. The hotel is also within a couple miles of the Clinic, though taking a car downtown and fighting to get a parking place is a somewhat stressful experience. There are shuttles all over the place, but we didn't try it.

The room was wonderful - we had a mini-suite that included two queen beds and a sofa bed. The air conditioner was very quiet and included an on-the-wall thermostat. I prefer the wall thermostats because I can set a real-life temperature rather than cool, cold, or hot.

The beds were OK - typical of hotels of this price range. The room was very clean and not worn. The bath was nice, including a shower door enclosure instead of a curtain.

I appreciate the free breakfast. This one included a mixed-fruit selection as well as cereals, egg-like stuff, sausage, and the rubbery pancake machine. We had followed a group of male tradesmen through the line, so the breakfast area was in rough shape at that moment.

I'd seriously consider this Holiday Inn Express again on my next trip to Rochester!

Room Tip: Our room was right on the main street, but still pretty quiet. The hotel is at right angles to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert M:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. Comments such as your's are essential to the success of our hotel's operations.

My staff and I are very happy you decided to try our hotel when you were visiting the Mayo Clinic. You are correct in mentioning the advantage of having the remote controlled thermostats on the wall opposite the heat/cooling unit. It offers better climate control. I am also happy you appreciated the free breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your comments and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to host you again whenever your travels bring you through our doors.