“Gelato is wonderful!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Dessert in Rochester
Price range: US$0 - US$5,000
Cuisines: Italian, Dutch
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: A trip to Chocolaterie Stam is an experience like no other. It's not just the taste of our treats you'll love - it's the intoxicating scent of fresh truffles that fills the room, the inviting warmth of our cozy shop and the exciting experience of selecting your own favorite sweets to take home and slowly explore. Sure, you've tasted chocolate before - but nothing better than this. You'll come for the Chocolate and you'll leave with Gelato!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was a new experience for us. My husband and I were in the mood for ice cream and couldn't find anything but this little shop so decided to try the Gelato. OMG! We're now fans! We visited twice in two days!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is my second trip to Rochester, and a must stop at this location. The chocolate is top notch! So many good ones to choose from that it's hard. I found the gelato to be pretty, but not as good as it looks. Try a chocolate turtle frog... you won't be sorry!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Both Ethel M (Las Vegas' chocalatier) and See's Candies (a California chocolate company) make chocolates better than Stam's -- and any purchase at all results in a free sample. I spent about $30 and was not given a sample. The liqueur chocolates are sickeningly sweet. Don't waste your money.

1  Thank KSSeaB
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Awful! I had pistachio flavor , it was extremely green, I should have known it was just sugar and food coloring , no trace of pistachio . My husband had Vanilla it did not tasted or even smiled like vanilla , very disappointed :(

2  Thank Shilajan
Nathan Y, Manager at Chocolaterie Stam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We are very sorry that our product did not live up to your expectations as a consumer and our own high standards in taste and quality. We also understand that not every flavor is going to be everyone's favorite, and that is why we offer 14 different flavors of Gelato and Sorbetto to choose from. We also offer free samples of Gelato so that our customers can carefully choose the flavor that is right for them. As to the content of our product; all the colors are a direct result of the ingredients in the Gelato. We do not add food coloring. I hope that in the future if you ever find yourself in Rochester, MN that you would give us another chance to prove our dedication to our brand and our customers!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The title says it all! They also have gourmet cupcakes. A bit pricey, but worth it! it is located in the University Mall and is open on weekends.