“Best Japanese in town!”

Osaka Seafood Steakhouse
Ranked #166 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This hibachi is the best by far in Rochester. They do not understand what a shellfish allergy is though, so be very wary if you are allergic. Food is great!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

My husband & daughter took me out to dinner for my birthday. The prices are pretty high, but you do get a lot of food. I was very disappointed in the chef we had... maybe he was new... I don't know. He had a hard time doing some of the tricks, and he tried to be too funny and cutesy. I ordered the steak & scallops, and the biggest disappointment was my steak. I ordered it "rare". Three times he asked me if I wanted it medium-rare. I said "No... I'd like it rare". As the chef is getting ready to dish up the steak, I thougt mine would be first since I ordered it rare. Wrong. My husband ordered his steak medium-rare, and his was dished out first, then mine, which was also medium-rare (probably closer to medium). The chef then said "your steak is good?". I said "no... it is over done". His response "Oh!". It bothers me that he would assume I don't know how I prefer my steak grilled and that he would grill it the same as my husband's. It was a disappointing birthday dinner and quite a big expense.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Welcome to the McDonalds of Japanese food. Portions are small and not well prepared. The quality of the Sushi is questionable. As the meal progresses it is clear they want you to leave. You have to ask the question, why is the place only ¼ full on a Saturday night as they have been around a while. Try Sakura, UMI, and Tokyo you will be better off.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

We celebrated my Birthday November 30th 2012 at Osaka Seafood Steakhouse. What a great time we had. They are extra good with children keeping them entertained. I muched enjoyed the big head they bring out for you to put on while they sing Happy Birthday. Mine was that of a Old Man. The food is excellant fixed just as you ordered it. You will have a great time. We had 8 in our party and they make sure every one is involved in the fun.