“Location, location, location....”

Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 1 January 2014

You're paying for the location and convenience of this hotel. It lacks amenities such as indoor pool, hot tub, etc. It is VERY EXPENSIVE, yet the average hotel. If you require a good place to stay for your Mayo Clinic visit, this is it! LauraLee is an asset to this hotel. She goes above and beyond for the clients. My son was able to skip some of my appointments since we were connected the Mayo. I was able to fit more appointments in as well. Something to consider when making this trip. Other hotels are closer and cheaper though. The price to stay here takes advantage of sick people in my opinion.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Was able to get a room at the last possible minute after leaving a much less acceptable local area hotel.
Staff could not be nicer, friendlier or more helpful.
The room was great and met our needs perfectly. Perfectly stocked. Very clean and modern.
Great hotel. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you want to cook in an oven make sure to ask for an oven room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We decided to stay overnight in Rochester at the last minute since we had sons playing soccer in different cities and driving home seemed too hard. It was difficult finding a room, but the Residence Inn had one. Based on reviews I had read, I was not excited. The hotel is older, that's true, but our room was large and comfortable and opened onto the common patio which was very nice. The staff was outstanding, which was important because we had forgotten a toothbrush and needed an extra blanket. The location was great. We got in late and were tired, but I was able to order takeout from Victoria's and walk two blocks to pick it up. Breakfast was fine, but if you're a coffee snob like me you also have a Caribou and Starbucks within two blocks. Next time I am in Rochester, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here for nearly 3 weeks during testing and treatment at Mayo clinic. The location is a block or two outside of the central Mayo clinic area. As others have said, the hook up to the subway/skyway Mayo indoor system is a plus. Close to the Rochester Methodist Hospital, too. Room was deep cleaned in preparation for patient's discharge from Methodist.

Beds were firm enough for us. Kitchen could have used an updating. As other have said, the breakfast area gets a workout during service hours. Need one more person to keep up on busing and cleaning tables, refreshing food on the buffet, etc. The evening events are a nice plus. computers and printers are easy to access and work well. Bring quarters if you need to use the guest laundry. It can be difficult to find an empty machine. Wifi worked well in the room itself.

Patio on the 2nd floor is a nice option if you want to sit outside. Parking available (inside and out) for a fee.

All in all, a very good choice for our needs and decent value as we cooked several meals while we were there. If you don't plan to cook, there are other hotel options that may offer a better rate than this one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank philatour
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Excellent stay at this Residence Inn. The staff was very helpful and nice. The free breakfast - good and very convenient. Over all very nice! Plus a Catholic church across street, which we appreciated. Convenient location to walk to Mayo clinic. There was an under ground way to get to Mayo in case of inclement weather which was good for a rainy day. One of us slept on the sofa sleeper and surprisingly , it was very comfortable.

Room Tip: W e had a studio with a bedroom and a sleeper sofa which was very comfortable. The free breakfast w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank madmomma5
Adam K, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for you pleasant review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy you had a nice time while you were at the Residence Inn. It is very nice to hear that the staff was helpful. They work very hard to provide a pleasent experience to all our guests. I will certainluy pass along your kind words. I also appreciate you pointing out our excellent breakfest. We provide a full hot breakfast everyday of the week.
Thanks again for your review and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Location was convenient, 2 blocks from the Mayo, but at a rate of $189/night, its definitely not worth price. I would recommend paying more for a full service hotel or finding a newer property further away. Rochester is a rather small city with next to no traffic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, and thank you for mentioning our excellent location in regards to the Mayo Clinic. As you mentioned we are just blocks away from the Mayo campus. We offer very competitive rates given our location and room types. All our rooms offer full kitchens which are perfect for the extended stay guests. Thanks again and I hope your next visit to Rochester is a good one.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've been spending 2 weeks here for treatment at Mayo. Residence Inn was recommended by a friend. I had stayed at the Kahler when I was here last time and I liked it, but it felt old and outdated so I was up to try something else. This has been excellent. Very clean and kitchen much more modern. Living room furniture could be a tad more comfortable, but above average compared to other hotels. They have a bountiful breakfast and evening meals Mon-Tues-Wed nights that have been fantastic. The front desk staff has been exceptional as well as the very friendly cleaning staff and anyone that I have encountered. I was here alone and it just felt like they were really looking after me and making sure everything was okay. It connects to the subway so if the weather is in-climate that is another plus. Highly recomend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo