Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area
Great 4.5/5
Broadway Plaza(Rochester)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor parkingfull kitchenone bedroom suitefront deskmayo clinicmon wedtemperature controlledunderground walkwaygas fireplacegreat hotel and locationliving areahealth issuespedestrian subwayconvenient accessother hotelslong termtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent location, very friendly and polite staff. We stayed for 2 weeks while I was at Mayo's for evaluation. We had a big suite, which was very clean and we loved the fireplace in the room which my wife used every night since it was dang cold in Rochester! The internet connection was excellent and easy to use. The connection speed is very good and I had zero issues during our 2 week stay. Breakfast is typical Residence Inn style, and you have several options from cereal to eggs to waffles. They cook did different things each morning for breakfast sandwiches which is a nice touch. The hotel is connected to the tunnel system so you don't even have to go outside. They Mayo clinic is less than a 5 minute walk in the tunnels. Parking is indoor and outdoor so you have a choice. Great places to eat around the hotel or within a several block walk and most can be reached via the tunnels. Great place to stay and I highly recommend it if in the Rochester area.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a quieter night but honestly I think any floor is good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GregSummers
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just spent 17 days here while my husband recovered from surgery. We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen which we used everyday. It was great to be able to cook our meals and saved us a lot of money, not having to eat out every day. They offer a cooked breakfast every morning down stairs which was very good. I was able to bring my husband's breakfast up to our room. Three nights a week they offered mini meals in the evenings, pizza and salad one night, mini hamburgers another, which was very nice if I didn't feel like cooking. There is a free Walmart shuttle so you can do a bit of grocery shopping. It is only a short walk to the Mayo clinic using the under ground subway system. This was great in the cold snowy weather. The hotel is very clean and everyone working there were very nice to all the guests. If you need to be in Rochester for an extended stay.....stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mollyann500
Adam K, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind remarks on Trip Advisor. I am glad that all your needs were taken care of while staying with us during your extended stay. The amenities you have explained work very well for someone recovering from a tough surgery.
Thanks again for your review and I hope the recovery process continues to go well.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Very good location, very friendly and polite staff, big suites, clean, very quick internet connection, the breakfast is typical Residence Inn style, but you know this, once you book it… the variety at the breakfast is rather slim…
connected to the subway system.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Adam K, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for all your great comments about the Residence Inn by Marriott. I am very thankful you commented on our very friendly and polite staff. They work so hard to make all our guests feel comfortable while staying at the Residence Inn. Thanks again, and next time you are in Rochester I hope you choose the Residence Inn by Marriott.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

You're paying for the location and convenience of this hotel. It lacks amenities such as indoor pool, hot tub, etc. It is VERY EXPENSIVE, yet the average hotel. If you require a good place to stay for your Mayo Clinic visit, this is it! LauraLee is an asset to this hotel. She goes above and beyond for the clients. My son was able to skip some of my appointments since we were connected the Mayo. I was able to fit more appointments in as well. Something to consider when making this trip. Other hotels are closer and cheaper though. The price to stay here takes advantage of sick people in my opinion.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Was able to get a room at the last possible minute after leaving a much less acceptable local area hotel.
Staff could not be nicer, friendlier or more helpful.
The room was great and met our needs perfectly. Perfectly stocked. Very clean and modern.
Great hotel. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you want to cook in an oven make sure to ask for an oven room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family