First of all let me say, we were not there for pleasure, we were there for medical reasons. This hotel is connected to the subway tunnel, that connects to the Mayo Clinic buildings, this was very convenient, did not have to deal with outside weather. We stayed in a one bedroom unit. It had a bedroom, bathroom, living room area and small kitchen area. The kitchen had a small table, a sink, a refrigerator with freezer, micro wave, two burner range and a dishwasher. The cooking supplies were limited, but there were dishes, glasses and silverware for four. The kitchen supplies and appliances were clean, which is not always the case with food areas. We appreciated the fact that we could put out the do not disturb sign and they would not bother you. With a number of early morning appointments, we would return for rest time during the day. We saw the housekeeping young lady in the hall and gave her our used towels and picked up clean ones. She supplied us with whatever we needed without interrupting our needed rest time.
They serve a hot breakfast every morning, which was very nice with delicious choices! A few mornings my husband had early morning tests, which he needed to fast for, we would dish up our breakfast, put it in our refrigerator and heat in our micro wave when we returned. Very covenant. They provide a hot evening meal two nights a week, Monday and Tuesday, which we found delicious and convenient. Soda and coffee is available in the lobby area all day. Fruit was also available for a snack.
Shuttle transportation to the hospitals and airport are also available from this hotel. They have indoor vehicle parking also available, at an extra charge, which we used.
We found all staff friendly and helpful! During a difficult time this hotel location and offerings were very helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the comforts of home, all the convenience of a hotel, directly connected to The Mayo Clinic via an underground walkway. Our all suites hotel offers full kitchens in every room as well as complimentary breakfast, a lounge area and an outdoor patio to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area Hotel Rochester
- Marriott Rochester
- Rochester Marriott
- Rochester Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Rochester Downtown