All reviews indoor parking full kitchen one bedroom suite front desk mayo clinic underground walkway gas fireplace living area health issues the subway system methodist hospital two blocks wheel chair the breakfast area bad weather will stay there again rooms are spacious
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while my mom was having testing and treatment at Mayo Clinic. I found this to be a nice home away from home. Spacious rooms with convenient furnishings- desk, table with two chairs, sofa, plenty of outlets to charge devices.

I most appreciated the evening social hour with free appetizers and drinks. While we were there this was held 6-7:30 Mon-Wed. There was also a nice full breakfast each morning.

Staff were friendly and accommodating. Bed very comfortable. Location of the hotel is approximately two blocks walking from Mayo Clinic. You can walk outside or underground in what they call “the subway”. Please note there are no subway cars/shuttles in this subway, it is a walking area only.

I lodge only 2 complaints about this hotel. One is their 48 hour cancellation policy. Mom was told to come to Mayo expecting to stay 1-3 Days for testing. So I tried to book two room nights but was told if I didn’t cancel 48 hours in advance (if not needing the 2nd night) I’d be charged the full amount. Seems taking advantage of people in medical situations as other Residence Inns I’ve stayed at you can cancel up to day of arrival. Secondly the room was surface clean but not deep clean. There were two large cobwebs in my room - one above the bed and one in the kitchen area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter had surgery at Mayo so I needed a convenient place to go back and forth from. All the hotels in downtown Rochester are ridiculously expensive but this was at least not quite as bad.

The staff is great and very friendly. Anna at the front desk was consistently helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. She was able to direct me when I needed help and extend my stay when circumstance changed. Big shout out to her.

The room was very nice. Large space with full kitchen as you expect at residence inn. The hotel was quiet and the beds very comfortable. Plenty of space to store what I needed. Housekeeping kept it clean and well supplied.

Breakfast was included but it was not good. Items were frequently out and not restocked for awhile. What was there was relatively tasteless.

The tv reception was also problematic. Channels would frequently break up. HBO services were unavailable for 75% of my stay.

All in all it was a good stay. Just some minor annoyances that keep it from a 5 star rating.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The hotel is a little older, but done up so nice you hardly notice. The suites are very spacious: kitchen/living room combo attached to a bedroom/bathroom combo. TVs in both the living room and bedroom. Wifi included. Free snacks from 5 to 7 pm (not the greatest) but their breakfasts are very good and complete,. Try the fresh made cinnamon rolls. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Water temperature could use a boost as the showers were not the warmest. Indoor parking is $20 a day and is very convenient and attached to the office lobby. The prices are a bit steep. But so are all the other hotels in the vicinity. Tunnel access to the Mayo is a great perk. We asked for extra pillows when we booked and they were there ready for us. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher up you can see more.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I have stayed at this location on several occasions when visiting Mayo Clinic. The location is ideal and the service is top-notch. Steven Peterson definitely has instilled customer service into his employees and it is evident from housekeeping, breakfast, and front desk service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2018

the employees were very helpful and friendly. our desk clerk noticing my trouble with walking offered to bring the van to the front door helped us load the baggage. the people serving breakfast were helpful and cheerful. the accommodations were beyond expectations.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple