“Tasty Food with Nostalgic Atmosphere”
Review of Michael's - CLOSED

Michael's
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The "Classic American Restaurant" has been serving quality steaks and fresh and innovative seafood for over 62 years. The "New" Michael's now proudly run by third generation restaurateurs, Michael, George, James, Laurie and Barbara blends a combination of established traditional steakhouse cuisine with current cutting edge foods and new culinary trends to create an ever-evolving dining experience for our guests. This will mean healthier, more organic salads and vegetables, sustainable wild-caught fish and seafood, and a larger selection of prime/high choice, natural and grass fed meats. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner, a special business meeting or romantic occasion in one of our many warm and inviting dining rooms. Please join our new and longtime patrons who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as dining guests in our restaurant. Michael's a "New" Classic American Restaurant.
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Two friends and I started our meal with a huge plate of crispy, tasty onion rings. The attractively presented walleye was very good. The pear salad with blue cheese, fresh greens, homemade dressing, and candied pecans was so delectable we plan on ordering it at our next visit to Michael's in Rochester. The three of us divided Michael's homemade bread pudding, which was very satisfying, although the sauce was a little too sweet for me. The three of us also enjoyed the photographs of famous people who have Michael's, the variety of art through out the building, the ease of parking, and attentiveness of the waiters and waitresses.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

There is nothing I do not like here!!! They have most amazing appetizers (dummies are my favorite) the ribs are favorite of mine and prime rib is at top of husbands list...they also have a great selection for kids on menu too!! My even more favorite part is waiters express delivers Michael's so after long day at mayo u can sit in room,relax and have best food in town brought to your door

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I would highly recommend that you order a steak. Perfectly prepared. Great service. We had a very good bottle of wine. The artwork is also very nice.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stumbled on Michael's while exploring near my hotel. I did not expect what I saw when I walked in. I'm not a world traveler, so I may be off a bit when I say it had sort of European feel to it. Exposed beams, brick or faux brick interior walls, very interesting oil based paintings of different varieties all over the place with picture/display lights on each. The place definitely had atmosphere. It is, as many have said, very "50's", but I like that sort of thing.

The greeters and waitstaff were very friendly and attentive, while maintaining a degree of formality. They were very professional. There apparently are a lot of repeat customers, as while sitting in a corner table right by the entrance, the greeters seemed to recognize at least half of the people that came in and greeted many by name.

The food wasn't anything to write home about, but definitely wasn't bad. I had the greek plate but might try something else next time. It wasn't bad at all, but from the other reviews, there are likely other options that are better. The portions were definitely generous.They also were not stingy when mixing the drinks, and this was appreciated.

The bread pudding was amazing.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a favorite restaurant when we go to Rochester,MN Excellent food and service and a real tradition in Rochester. An older style Supper Club, but excellent.