“Liked the food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I visited India garden for dinner while returning from Niagra Cave MN. I have never been satisfied with the ambiance of restaurants here in Unites States when I compare with the restaurants back in India or Market Area in Ottawa ON CA. So, I would say ambiance was just OK. However, service was better that I expected. The food was fresh and tasty - I would rate 3.5/5. Overall, I would say if you have spent some time here in United states and adjusted yourself for restaurants here this place will not disappoint you.

Thanks
Harish

1  Thank Harish K

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We were directed here from a cab driver in the area. The environment is clean and comfortable and the food was authentic and delicious. We have a favorite Indian restaurant at home, and now happy to have one for our frequent trips to Rochester.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Just across from Pho Chau so this must be the neighborhood for ethnic dining in Rochester. $8.99 lunch buffet is a great deal. Veggie samosas, tandoori chicken, chicken korma & chicken saag were all excellent.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I returned for a trip to the lunch buffet. If you think of the buffet as an arc, about 80 % is *devoted* to vegetables. Though we enjoy meat, it was easy to overlook. (I tried 2 chicken dishes which were good) Whoever runs this place really cares about veggies. About the best vegetarian samosas we've add and at least 4 sauces. Take some lemons from the buffet and make your own sour lemonade. The paneer is firm and chewy---the papadams were delightfully crisp and not greasy. We ate 'til we entered a happy trance with a raga playing in the background. A great, affordable 'passage to India'.

Come early, leave full and happy. Some of America's best "comfort food" is now Indian!

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Dine in, carry out. Genuinely good food consistent quality and great variety. Love the naan. One of only two places I take my parents.