Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 4 May 2012

There's much that is positive. Rooms are updated and comfortable. Staff friendly. Balcony room was nice for fresh air and relaxing. Restaurant food was good (not amazing) and the service was excellent. Hot tub is actually HOT and pool refreshing. Exercise room adequate although they were missing a few free weights. Elevator is s-l-o-w and the stairs only lead outdoors so they're not an option. That said, I liked that the 2nd floor is just parking and that I could go directly from my room on the fourth floor to my car on the second. There's a Caribou coffee a block away which is one of my favorites for coffee and a back street takes you there in seconds. The hotel is a short drive to Mayo Clinic and you can get there on that same back street without having to stop at lights. I thought this place was a great value for the money. Just wish they could ramp up that elevator!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your observations with us. It is from your feedback that we can enhance our guest's experiance and learn where our opportunities are. We will ensure any missing weights are replaced promptly in our fitness room. We will also share the positive comments you had of our property with our team. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Check in was friendly and quick. The food in the Bistro was delicious and it was well presented not just thrown on my plate. I really enjoyed our lunch from the expanded menu I had Chicken Penne pasta but my colleague had the steak sandwich which looked and smelled amazing. Walking distance to St. Mary hospital and I can guarantee I will stay here again! Bill, Dawn and the entire front desk -Thank you

1  Thank MNPROCK
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

I want to thank you for the kind words. I will be sharing your comments with all my staff. The Bistro, an enhance Courtyard food ooption compliments our full service restaurant, Saints on 2nd. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed here for business and not because of the Mayo clinic. If you are so unfortunate that you or a loved one need to go there, this hotel is just opposite the hospital, so it has an excellent location.
The rooms are nice and I liked the balcony and the possibility to get some fresh air into the room. My coworker and I got upgrades and I had a whirlpool in the room (which I though did not have time to try) and my coworker got a nice suite. We had some perishable samples, which they stored for us. Good service.There is possibility to buy some coffee and a light breakfast in the lobby.

1  Thank HappyDanish
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experiance at our hotel. I'am glad we were able toupgrade the accomodations and provide good service. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us ensuring we provide a positive guest experiance.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

If you or a loved one are unfortunate enough to land in St Mary's Hospital this is a nice place to stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff. There are a number of decent restaurants within walking distance and the hospital is right across the street.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is from feedback like yours that we use to improve our guest experiance.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My family and I had to visit the Mayo Clinic in Rochester so we needed a hotel close to St. Mary's and the Mayo Clinic at a reasonable price.
Well, we had an amazing experience. The housekeeping was very flexible given we were in the room during the day a lot. The rooms were very clean. The in room internet worked like a charm; there were hard wires as well as wireless. All of the room amenities worked wonderfully for our family, especially the fridge and small pantry space by it. The restaurant food was good, the servers Linda, and a tall, young, dark headed fellow, were extremely friendly-answering questions, expressing concern over our circumstances, all while bringing out good food. "Hotel Food" is often a bit bland, catering to a common denominator. The food here was robust, flavorful, and well portioned. I personally recommend the bread pudding for dessert. The front desk staff was clearly used to providing directions and answering local questions, all with a smile. I had some complicated billing needs which they handily dealt with. I was away from work a whole week so I used the business area quite a few times. it was easy to use, clean, and well organized. Plenty of computers. Oh, they were free. They have plenty of covered parking for a nominal fee (I think it was $4/night). The cherry on the cake was my final service need. We ended up leaving at the last minute to go see relatives in Minneapolis. In my hurry, I left some nice sweaters and an expensive leather coat in the room. I didn't realize it until I was in Minneapolis, 1 1/2 hour away. Housekeeping found the clothing and worked with the Front Desk staff to have it boxed up and waiting for the courier service I employed to get it to me in Minneapolis. I can't, unfortunately, remember the names of the front desk staff, but they were great.
Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely. I stayed at a 4 diamond hotel following our visit at the Courtyard Rochester and though the service was equal to the Courtyard, the amenities, atmosphere, and ease of use was below the Courtyard. Bill, the GM, runs a great ship. The value is immense.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Samuel G
Dawnmv, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott. The service that you received from all of our departments is what we aim for each day, for every single guest. Your compliments will be shared with our entire staff.

Our recently renovated restaurant “Saints on 2nd” is a great asset to our hotel and our Chef proudly serves a variety of homemade menu items that you wouldn’t typically find at a hotel restaurant. We are happy that our food and servers exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your business.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

im currently visiting rochester for business and i find this hotel the perfect place to stay ..
you get more than what you pay for ..

positives : clean, friendly staff, good location spacious rooms, free internet, very good value
negatives: the internet signal becomes weak on the 3rd floor,

Room Tip: a lower floor room would be better for the wi-fi connection
1  Thank omar_alsheikh
Dawnmv, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your review. Your positive comments regarding cleanliness, friendly staff and a good value are the key elements in our business and we are strive to deliver them each and every day. We are very proud of our staff for carrying out our daily tasks to achieve customer satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Checked in before 8am without reservation because of family emergency surgery. 1 minute walk to St.Mary's Hospital with great restaurants in the same block. Hotel room large and beds very comfortable. Wi-Fi worked great for us on 5th floor - staff very helpful. We had 2 rooms and were not charged parking as we had a longer stay. Newly renovated and opened restaurant "Saints on 2nd' on the 1st floor had great food with reasonable prices. Parents are still there until my brother comes home. It was nice during a very stressful time to come back to a very quiet and welcoming "home away from home". Check out the restaurant "Canadian Honkers" - also great food. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Coreen
TorgersonProperties, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. Visiting a hospital can be a stressful time for a visit. We are happy your hotel stay with us was comfortable and convenient. Thanks for letting us know about your experience and safe travels to you and your family!