“Perfect Location for St. Mary's Hospital and Generose Building - First Class Rooms and Restaurant”

Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard (which is the only Courtyard in Rochester) in order to see doctors at the Mayo Clinic's Generose Building which houses the Dept.of Psychology and Psychiatry. St. Mary's Hospital and the Generose Building are directly across the street from the hospital. Some guests are visiting the Mayo Clinic's main campus which is only about one mile away. Parking is only $4 per day in the Courtyard's garage and there is an entrance to the garage on the second floor, which is handy in case of rain or snow. On checking in, one has to park in the driveway (easily seen and entered from the street) and get the room cardkey, which is used to enter the garage.

The Courtyard was completely remodeled recently. The rooms feature comfortable beds, flat screen TVs, and a small refrigerator and microwave. Bathrooms are modern with a tub-shower.

The restaurant at the Courtyard serves three meals a day. Breakfast is ordered at the Starbucks Counter in the restaurant and includes choices of oatmeal, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, etc. This is not a buffet but the food is good (not a creative gourmet event) and served quickly and at reasonable prices. If you have the breakfast included hotel rate, you can have as much as you want as long as you order it all at your initial visit to the counter.

Dinner has many choices of soup, sandwiches, salads, and entrees, along with wine and beer, and deserts including a very good bread pudding. Service was excellent.

The check-in was quick and efficient and housekeeping kept the rooms and hallways, etc. very clean, Although I could hear the air-conditioning cycle on and off, I did not find it extremely loud. We asked for a quiet room and got a room at the end of a hallway at the back of the hotel where there was no noise from the street.

We did not try the restaurants outside the Courtyard. Cafe Presto which features a wide menu and a "healthy food" restaurant called Tonic are very close to the Courtyard as is the "Canadian Honker"., as is McDonalds. Rochester is a small town and the better restaurants are downtown near the main Mayo Clinic. There are also chain restaurants at the exits of Highway 52 which is on the side of town that the Courtyard is on.

There are three computers in the lobby, all connected to printers and some other office supplies. Use of the internet and printing is free.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - we got a room facing the back of the hotel, probably quieter than rooms facin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hoboken, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff of this motel was the most pleasant and helpful staff i have encountered. Everyone was willing to go that extra step, from the staff on the front desk to the pleasant note left by housekeeping. Angela even helped after I had returned home with some receipts that I needed, which I found exceptional. The motel was clean and wonderfully decorated. The restaurant, Saints on Second had the same wonderful service as the motel, and everything I ordered off of the menu was very good and prepared nicely. I have nothing negative to say about the wonderful stay I had while there on business. I would recommend this motel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: rooms on the opposite side of the hospital would be quieter. The helicopter and ambulances do come...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Rochester,MN. I am glad that you had a great stay with us and like hearing that my staff was able to help you.
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Quite place, good location, comfort beds, clean rooms, parking for 4$/day. Choice of breakfast is small, for example you can't have fried eggs of fresh juice. And if you will ask housekeeping to come later, they will not come this day. And you should be ready for old-fashion noisy air-conditions.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Владимир У
I would like to say thank you for letting us know about the problems you had during your stay at The Courtyard by Marriott Rochester, MN

We want The Courtyard by Marriott Rochester and its services to run at 100% when it comes to guest satisfaction. We also want repeat business. When a guest isn’t satisfied we need to know. So again, thank you.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Very friendly helpful check-in, gave me the shuttle schedule and directions, explained the parking. Lobby was stylish. Room was a unique layout, nice finishes, functional desk and closet space. Ideal location near St. Mary's hospital, with good shuttle service to Mayo clinics.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
I would like to say thank you for stay at The Courtyard by Marriott Rochester, MN

I am glad that my staff took such good care of you during your stay, please come back and see us again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard Marriott Mayo Clinic three (3) times in the past two months. The purpose of my visits were due to surgery at St. Mary's hospital/Mayo Clinic. The hotel is located directly across the street from the hospital--extremely convenient.

I seldom write online reviews even though I am a very seasoned traveler who has achieved Lifetime Platinum status in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. I have also been elite with Marriott for over 20 years as well. The purpose of sharing this information is not to droll on about elite travels (yawn!). I share this information for context about my many years of hotel experiences, good and bad.

I LOVE it when I stay at a hotel property where the employes are empowered to make decisions on the spot, with a genuine desire to make the hotel guest happy. I have experienced this with the Courtyard Marriott Mayo Clinic in all three of my stays. Whether it was management at the front desk, housekeeping on the 4th and 5th floor or the bartender in the restaurant, there is an esprit de corps attitude that runs deep and wide at this hotel. Clearly management is doing something right!

Yes, there were a few hiccups that occurred during my stay(s), but the willingness to rectify the issues were authentic and swift. I'd like to recognize Richard Sursely who clearly hasn't lost his desire to service his hotel guests as if he just started in hospitality service yesterday. He is the Assistant GM and his enthusiasm for taking care of his guests is exceptionally impressive.

Angela at the front desk also won me over with her bright smile and warm demeanor. Again, I'm not accustomed to writing reviews but when fantastic service is provided, I believe it is necessary to acknowledge and provide praise.

Thank you Courtyard Marriott Mayo Clinic for helping me through a very challenging health crisis and making my stay(s) at your property enjoyable and relaxing.

With warm regards!

KQ

Room Tip: A top down renovation has just finished I believe. They started with the top floors first!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I would like to say thank you for staying at The Courtyard by Marriott Rochester, MN

Again thank you for staying with use it was a pleasure having you here.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Courtyard is an excellent choice for staying in Rochester. The rooms and beds are very attractive and comfortable. Clean and well maintained hotel.. There's also a great casual restaurant on site. The service team is outstanding-friendly, helpful, and professional. The rates are a good value for Rochester. Convenient covered parking is offered at a low price. There are several good restaurants within walking distance as well. I have stayed at the Rochester Courtyard several times and am always glad I chose it.

The hotel offers FREE shuttle service to/from the airport. The hotel also offers free hourly shuttle service downtown to the Mayo Clinic (2 miles). Cab service is also an option at about $5 each way.

Room Tip: Just tell the desk staff what your preferences are and they will take great care of you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AdventureGirlKY
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I would like to say thank you for staying with us at The Courtyard by Marriott Rochester, MN.
I am glad that my staff and the hotel meet your needs when staying here. We strive as a team to give the best service that we can for all guest.

Michael Rupkey
Courtyard by Marriott
Rochester, MN
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. The lobby is trendy, the pool and whirlpool clean, it has a great workout room, and they provide nice, comfortable and clean rooms. The linens are crisp, and the rooms aren't full of chemical odors from harsh cleaning agents, nor does the bathroom smell like must or mold. Every time I come here for business, I'm impressed by the friendly staff. It does feel like a home away from home! You'll have to drive to most things unless you eat at Canadian honker, but, it's worth it for the peace. The Marriott is predictable - in a good way. Thanks for making our trips so nice! P.S. $4 bucks to park, but free wi-fi.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MitsoukoRussie
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of you day to write such a great review on our hotel and staff. I am glad my staff makes you feel like you can call the Courtyard home.

Michael Rupkey