“Great Hotel Close to Mayo Clinic”

Kahler Inn and Suites
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed nine nights while our mentally handicapped daughter had tests at the Mayo Clinic in February 2012. We enjoyed the free parking, continental breakfast, and easy access to the clinic and other areas of downtown Rochester. We asked for a quiet room near an elevator and we got it. The staff was efficient, prompt, friendly, and helpful with anything we requested. One of our housekeepers went beyond the call of duty with the extra care she took to clean and straighten our room, replenish towels and dish cloths, and make us feel welcome. We always felt safe in this hotel. Even though the parking areas are small, we always found a parking spot, and we felt that our car was safe. We enjoyed the comfort of a suite with plenty of room to put our food and relax after a long day of doctor visits. If we ever return to Rochester, we will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Linda J,

Thank you for your kind words about my staff at the Kahler Inn and Suites, 9 3rd Ave NW, Rochester MN. I am very glad we could meet your family's needs and I will let housekeeping know of your kind words. If you ever come back to the Mayo Clinic I hope we will service you again in the same way.

Again thank you for your feedback,

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at the Kahler Inn and Suites on a Saturday night because we were in town for a volleyball tournament. My complaints: underground parking is nice but tight and low clearance so not accessible for trucks, no restaurant open on the weekend for dinner & later (at least Jimmy Johns and Caribou are connected) - I guess this is because they are located downtown. No hot water to shower before 6 am Sunday morning. When I phoned the front desk they said it was because we need to let the water run since we are on the 7th floor - not true. Caution to families the pool area is very small and shallow (may be good for young children) Good things: clean rooms, nice assortment for continental breakfast.

2  Thank Anne R

Dear Ann R,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with the Kahler Inn and Suites, 9 3rd ave NW Rochester, MN. I am sorry for the problems you incurred during your staff with us. Please contact me directly at 507-285-9200 so I can discuss with you further and make your stay with us right.

Again thank you for your comments,

B ill Seitl

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My son and daughter and I stayed here for 10 days last fall while my son was undergoing tests at Mayo. The location was terrific for getting back and forth to the clinic and shopping downtown, and the staff was very helpful. We were put on the top floor when I requested a room with a view. The only thing I would have wished for was a separate bedroom area; we had a mini-suite, which had two comfortable queen beds and a sofa bed, but there were no "walls" except for the bathroom, which was quite small. I would stay here again for the next trip except my son would really like to have his own room, so sadly we need to find somewhere with a separate bedroom. The kitchen in the mini suite was adequate for light meals (microwave, etc), and there was a nice area to store food and supplies and a small sink, table, and desk area. One TV to share for both areas of the room. Loved the beds and linens, and the staff was very helpful and accomodating! It was also very nice to be so close to the clinic so we could walk back between visits.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear BDH7,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites, 9 3rd Ave NW Rochester, MN. I understand your needs for future trips to Rochester, MN. You may want to try the Marriott Residence Inn which is right behind the Kahler Inn and Suites. They have some two bedroom suites so that your son can have his own bedroom, while staying with you. You will still be connected with the Mayo Clinic thru the underground walkway.

Again thank you for your comments and if the need ever arises I hope to servce you again in the future if you ever visit the Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Our family through thick and thin and good news at Mayo's and bad news at Mayo's, we have always stayed at the Kahler Inn and Suites. To put in mildly the staff here really make the difference and they all care so much about why you are here at Mayo and they will literally do everything they can to make it possible for your stay to be comfortable.

The convenience of being on the tunnel system while staying in Rochester can't be understated. And really by the tunnel or by walking on the street this hotel makes Rochester and the Mayo Clinic workable when renting a car isn't possible or if youjust plain do prefer not to.

Room Tip: Really we love the 6th floor or is it the 7th floor because the housekeeping staff is so good.

Dear Mackay T,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites, 9 3rtd Ave NW, Rochester, MN. I will let my staff know about your kind words and how well they treated you in your visit to Mayo Clinic. My staff and I hope to serve you, your family or friends in the future if the need arises again to visit Mayo Clinic,

General manager

Reviewed 10 February 2012

In January, my elderly father and I had three days of medical appointments at Mayo Clinic. For the first time in several Mayo visits, I decided on Kahler Inn and Suites. From reservations through checkout, we had a great experience. All staff members had a thoroughly professional approach combined with that personal touch which makes one feel at home. Kahler Inn and Suites provides well appointed rooms and great service which to me adds up to real value. Easy access to the clinic via subway eliminates the need to venture out during bad weather adding to the value and convenience--significant for me as my dad had to spend much of the time in a wheelchair. I would recommend Kahler Inn and Suites to friends and associates without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Carl T,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites, 9 3rd Ave NW in Rochester, MN. I am very glad you made the choice to try us out on your recent visit to the Mayo Clinic. I hope to have all of your business in the future and along with any friends you may have come to the Mayo Clinic. I am glad you enjoyed the subway connection to Mayo clinic and that we made you feel at home at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is a great place to stay when visiting Rochester. It is connected to the Mayo Clinic (and the rest of downtown) via underground walkway. We weren't in town to visit the clinic, but most of the hotel guests are because it is so close.

The entire place has had a major face lift. The pool/workout/arcade area is very nice. There are rooms that walk right out to that area which is very convenient for families.

Breakfast and underground parking was included in our room rate which was great.

Overall it's a good, reasonable place to stay whether in town to visit the clinic or just to get away.

Dear Smdelaney,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites in Rochester MN. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us and it looks like you had a nice time in visiting Rochester MN. I look forward to your patronage in the future if you ever return to Rochester, MN

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We just spent three nights at the Kahler Inn and couldn't have been happier. The suite worked great for me and husband. We could play Scrabble at the table, make tea and coffee and keep food in the fridge. The breakfast was great except I had to fast two out of three mornings so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as my husband did. We will definitely stay here when I return for my follow-up visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Penny M,

Thank you for comments about your stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites in Rochester MN. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having your business in the future on your follow-up visit. Again thank you for your patronage.