“Second visit for business”

Kahler Inn and Suites
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed here twice in the past 18 months, both for conferences at the Mayo Clinic. The hotel location is absolutely perfect, right in the middle of the city. Everything was within walking distance and the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly in helping me find places to eat and setting up my ground transportation. The rooms are a bit dated, but well kept and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rharlow

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The rooms might seem a little small but are very cozy. I liked the way things were positioned so you didn't hear your neighbors TV or toilet flushing. The beds were very comfortable. I liked that you could control the temp in the room easily. It was nice to be able to run the fan when the room seemed a little stuffy. It is very convenient to Mayo with the connecting subway-walking level. Amazing breakfast spread with lots of variety. Many things on property like Caribou Coffee, Jimmy Johns, and an in-house restaurant. It is very convenient to park in the underground garage. If you have a large vehicle though you may need to park elsewhere as there is low clearance. The staff was very helpful. I would stay here again if I need to go to Mayo.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have stayed at the Kahler Inn and Suites since first coming to Mayo Clinic about 11 years ago. It has always been clean and acceptable. On this trip, the room we received had a very outdated bathroom. There was hair in the bathtub, and the faucet leaked. Plus, the bathroom door would not latch. In addition, we found hair on one of the pillows which made us wonder if all the linens had been changed. I know that some of the rooms have been remodeled, but they really need to work on updating bathrooms. In fairness, there have been some great improvements such as a complete update of the restaurant. The food and atmosphere is greatly improved. And, the complimentary breakfast has also been improved. I just hope that the issues that I addressed can be corrected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been completely remodeled, including the bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philip D
Reviewed 25 March 2014

You could spend more money, but you will not get better service anywhere in MN. Wonderful staff and a GREAT location! When something is wrong, they fix it! Staff is exceptional! Ms. M. at the front desk is wonderful with matching your needs to the available rooms. The housemen are fantastic and I highly recommend asking for Big Mike or Michael. Breakfast is exceptional and is included in your room rate. The restaurant is very good and a great bargain. Jimmy John's is also located in the lobby as well. This is a great hotel and if you have to visit Mayo, this is the hotel where you will want to stay!

Room Tip: Second Floor has pool, guest laundry, and great breakfast! Ms. M at front desk is wonderful. If you...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We looked online at the reviews before we booked and decided on the Kahler Inn and Suites. Some of the negative reviews had to be before they renovated the place; there were no problems with our room at all. We called them to make the reservation and found out that if you book directly with them you get free parking on site. The room was small (not a negative for me) and cozy. Everything was clean and neat and current. The king bed was very comfortable. For the first time ever we brought our own microfiber soft and warm sheets; it made the bed feel even more like home and we will do that every time from now on. I don't like cotton sheets anymore after having microfiber sheets and I don't expect the hotel to provide them. The hotel has underground access to the Mayo Clinic so you never have to go outside; excellent! We were able to park under the hotel and walk right into it and get right on the elevator; excellent! We looked at the Kahler Grand and other hotels after we were there and you can see there are more upscale places; along with upscale costs. I am very happy with our experience at the Kahler Inn and Suites and would not only stay there again but recommend it to anyone going to the Mayo Clinic. All things considered it is a great value. I also want to say how amazing the Mayo Clinic and all their staff are; they have truly earned their stellar reputation!! Now if I could get my old body to quit falling apart!! :-)

Room Tip: Though I have not slept on the other size beds, the king bed was really comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoeMC2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014

!00% for helpful staff and easy access.
Decor is tired and although some updates have been done we still felt it was a little 'old looking'
Can't fault location and again the staff 100%
Room service was good, the restaurant was a little on the expensive side for some items but the serving staff were incredibly helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

During my stay in Rochester for treatment at Mayo clinic, I stay in Kahler Inn &Suites it was very nice and the staff there helpful and room very good and its location close to Mayo clinic.
I enjoy during my long stay in this hotel and sure when I come back again to Rochester I will stay in this hotel.
Thanks