Kahler Inn and Suites
  • Breakfast included
Traveler's Hotel(Rochester)
Broadway Plaza(Rochester)
  • Pool
All reviewsjimmy johnsmini suitecaribou coffeesandwich shopacross the streetmayo clinicfree parkingmethodist hospitalunderground accessfree breakfastsubway levelthe subway systemgonda buildingtwo queen bedsmayo buildingconvenient locationdonuts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and the first room when I walked into the bathroom there was pubic hair on the floor by the tub. I went down to the front desk to complain and they moved us right across the hall to #312. The toilet backed up and maintenance was unable to fix it. I had to use a key to another room to use the restroom. The manager was originally going to give us 50% off the room with 50% off the next visit. I told him that he was going to refund our money for the entire night. Oh, the pop machine on the 3rd floor didn't work as well. Management acted appropriately, but we will not be returning.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tanya W
Adam K, General Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest,
I am very sorry to hear of your experience while staying at the Kahler Inn & Suites. I have since followed-up with the housekeeping department to go over improvements needed and areas where we fell short. We have also fixed the plumbing issues that affected your room while you stayed with us. Unfortunately sometimes mechanical issues can happen in a building we just hope to minimize the effect. Once again I apologize and hope the rest of your visit to Rochester was pleasant,.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Connected to the Mayo Clinic campus via underground walkways, free parking, complimentary breakfast and an assortment of different rooms, I feel their price is reasonable. In the lobby you'll find a coffee shop [similar to Starbucks], a full bar and dining room for all meals[very good], a sandwich shop similar to Subways and a new experience for me...a shop, one door down, called Freshens that served to your order, salads and soft serve ice cream w/ a self-serve bar with lots of toppings! We were upgraded, as our reserved room wasn't vacated, which can be fairly common as Mayo Clinic patients may stay over their anticipated departure. We had 2 queen beds and then a dining area/couch/easy chair area that also included a small frig, microwave oven and in-room coffee. Our two week stay was quite pleasant while a patient at the clinic.The complimentary self-serve breakfast is substantial: biscuits & gravy; scrambled/boiled eggs; home fries; sweet rolls/muffins; english muffins/bagels/toast; choice of hot/cold cereals and assorted juices , coffee and tea. Maid service is very good. No room service. We were on the 7th floor which was quiet but did hear a c/o from those on 2nd floor front due to street noise. A/C worked well. I was surprised that the only daily 'goodies' was shampoo, conditioner and bar soap. I had expected shower cap and body lotion... There was an iron and ironing board in our room...2 washers/dryers available @ $1.50/use. I recommend you make reservations as soon as you have an appointment confirmed at the Mayo Clinic as most people staying are there for that purpose. There is a work out area and indoor pool. When we left all rooms were booked...

Room Tip: A room higher up and not on the entrance side should be quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nanasues
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Kahler Inn and Suites is very handy to Mayo Clinic and downtown and it has restaurants nearby. The rooms are large and clean. It looks less like a nursing home than the Kahler Hotel which is nearby but the common areas are not nice at all. The clerk at check in was not friendly and clearly held my reservation is low esteem because of me having gotten it through Expedia. She first told us check in was not until 3 when I arrived at 2:30 and did not greet me otherwise. She then said our room was ready and went through a monotone lists of the many rules of the Kahler Inn and Suites concluding with a disdainful statement about having to pay for parking because of having booked through Expedia. The pool and hot tub were ugly and looked as if they had a medical purpose in a previous life. There was rust and trash under the heating elements clearly visible from the hot tub. Both hot tub and pool were very shallow. The towels at the pool were tiny and thin. There is nothing at all enjoyable about this facility. Breakfast is included and served near the pool in a small room. It is a very ugly, dark and dank room with unappetizing looking food. Of course the price is not inexpensive. I am sure there is a much better choice in this price range. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lawflake
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were told by Mayo Clinic to reserve 5 to 7 days so we got a reservation for seven days at this hotel. The diagnosis only took 2 days. When we asked the hotel management if they could refund any of the $750 of un-used nights they said that they could not because we booked not through them. I then called the booking agent through the hotel's request and they sent me emails telling me that they talked with Eva at the hotel and she had charged for the entire stay so evidently they lied to us and if you look they have posted they are the hotel with a heart! We will never stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites Hotel again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Bill S

Dear Guest,
I am very disappointed with the way you were treated regarding your reservation at the Kahler Inn & Suites. Unfortunately I have heard this story too many times. When a reservation is made with a 3rd party (Expedia, hotels.com, etc) these reservations are made as non-cancelable reservations. Since it is a non-cancelable reservation we are unable to refund due to the agreement with the 3rd party reservationist. I apologize this happened to you and your family and I would suggest next time making the reservation directly with the hotel you are booking.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had two suites while attending Mayo Clinic graduation ceremonies. Clean, comfortable, and close to the action. Will return here every time. This was our family's second stay and we were happy with all the details of the visit.

Room Tip: The suites were really nice as we had to travel with older adults who really could spread out and relax. Very happy with rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family