“Class reunion and family reunion”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
A TripAdvisor Member
Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is our second stay here and we find it very convenient. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and always very clean. The breakfast bar has a variety and everything is very tasty...do enjoy it.
Our families live in the Rochester area so we plan to stay at LQ whenever we visit.
Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Andy T, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Valued Trip Advisor Traveler:
We are glad you enjoyed your visit while seeing your family. Our sincere thanks for letting us know you liked our spacious rooms, breakfast, our helpful staff, and our easy to access location. We look forward to welcoming you on your next family reunion. Have a relaxing Labor Day Holiday and Fall Season. We are here for you.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

All the people were wonderful! Room was clean and comfortable. Good internet, good breakfast was being regularly restocked. It was a pleasure staying here. The only negative was the pool temperature, way too cold. I noticed no one stayed in it too long. Had I not really wanted to swim a bit, I would not have gotten in at all.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andy T, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer:
Thanks for letting us know you liked our people focused staff, found our rooms clean and comfortable. Your appreciation means a lot. Our high speed internet both wireless and hard wired is used by a lot of our visitors and we are glad you had good reception. We are sorry the pool temperature was colder than you would have liked. We maintain a 104 degree temperature in our hot tub and 84 degree temperature in our children's and adult pools. The temperature may drop temporarily when the water is treated early each day to ensure 100% chemical balance in our pools. Enjoy the beautiful fall season ahead and we look forward to being here for you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I would recommend bringing a fan if you normally sleep with one also if you don't enjoy sleeping on a poofy pillow I would suggest to bring your own. We lived the salt water pool and hot tub! Easy access to the hospitals as well as downtown.

Dear Valued Trip Advisor Member:
We are thrilled you loved our new salt water pools. We are the first hotel in Rochester to have salt water pools which are safer for you and your body. Even though the rooms come with soft filled pillows we do have other pillow types available by request such as foam pillows. Additionally for those who like "white noise" we do have fans or noise machines available. Our team is glad you had a good night's sleep and looks forward to being here for you again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

First of all our receptionist acted like it was time for her to go home, we checked in at 7pm and she was less than enthused with our arrival. I made sure our floor was pet free since this brand new hotel allows animals (why a new hotel would do this is beyond me but the 4th floor is pet free) one of us is highly allergic. When we got to our room on the 4th floor the key card wouldn't open the room...back down 4 flights to another receptionist who never apologized and just said "It happens" "Your card was keyed for room across hallway" Hmmm kinda scarred us in their negelgence since what if it happens again and someone walks into our room with a miss keyed card. Back up 4 flights of stairs and opened our door to a beautiful clean, wonderfully awesome room. It was gorgeous and made us all want to go to bed immediately haha! We did have to go eat so back out the door we went only to find a dog being walked down hallway? Petfree floor??? I went to receptionist and wastold the people were probably just walking the dog for exercise...I said BUT when someone is allergic and you tell me the floor is petfree when I made reservations-that is kinda odd. she just smirked and said we will keep an eye out...I thought yeah sure you will. Good thing t he room was so incredibly nice and the pool area ...I didn't want to check out and run into another rude gal the next day...lucky for me it was a very pleasant young gentleman. I didn't make much conversation because I was still upset with the rudeness of the day before. My family couldn't believe I didn't say more BUT when you are driving 10 hrs a day on vacation I just didn't have the energy. The price of the hotel was incredible for the room etc! We ate across the street at Fat Willys and had a nice meal and plenty of shopping everywhere around!

Room Tip: 4th floor..no animals??
1  Thank pumpkin2009
Andy T, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Traveler:
We are glad you took time to help us improve our hotel. Our first focus is on our guests and on their safety. Our team is normally 100% accurate in the execution of keys. And, the front desk team tries to focus on being alert, friendly, and helpful - know that they are charged to care for any requests you may ask. We apologize that you had to get a second set of keys and ask more questions. As far as a pet standard, the La Quinta Inn and Suites Brand is pet friendly and as such permits pets in 100% of La Quinta Hotels at no extra charge and we allow them on the second and third floors. We did investigate and find a service dog on the 4th floor. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 2010 we are required to allow service animals to accompany individuals with them to all areas of the hotel. We apologize for any allergy challenge this may of caused for you. Here is to a safe and fun summer and we look forward to being here for you.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I was pleased with the friendliness of the staff when checking me in. They were knowledgeable and able to answer my questions. The hotel is away from downtown so it's not super noisy. Also the room I was in was really nice. It was a lot bigger than most hotel rooms I have stayed in. The rooms had refrigerators and microwaves in them which I was pleased with. There was even a blu Ray player in the room. One thing I wasn't happy with was the pool. I came after 9 at night and there were too many kids. There were little kids under 7 in the hot tub even. I think there should be a cut off time for kids and hot tub age limit. A positive thing is the bed is very comfortable. I have a really expensive bed at home and I didn't feel I downgraded here. One thing that I was a little disappointed about is in the morning I came down around 9 in the morning and all the hot breakfast was empty. There was also no coffee. I will say that they had a lot of variety to choose from instead. They did replenish everything within 20 minutes. I did however enjoy my stay and plan on staying again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cassandra B

Dear Valued Trip Advisor Traveler:
We appreciate your compliments. We are glad you found our hotel to be quiet, and spacious and liked our generous assortment of guest room features like a fridge and microwave. The beds are top quality Restonic Mattresses and we are glad you found them to be comfortable. Our apologies that it took a few minutes to make another fresh batch of 72 omelettes. We try to keep a balance of fresh food continuously coming and keeping it very hot. We will review our pool ours in consideration of an adult only hour. We hope you have a great close to summer. We are here for you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was perfect for us. We are traveling with our four children and it is often hard to find a single room that can accomodate us comfortably for a reasonable price. The room at La Quinta was very spacious and had 2 comfortable queen beds along with a queen sofa bed with a memory foam mattress. Everyone slept well. I couldn't get over how clean the room was. Not a speck of dust anywhere! The microwave and fridge were clean too. There were plenty of fluffy towels for our family and two large TVs. The breakfast was really good, much better than the typical hotel breakfast. The attendant kept bringing out more hot food in small batches so that everyone would have hot and fresh food. All four of my kids had something different and we all enjoyed the breakfast very much. This is our first stay at a La Quinta and I felt it was an excellent value.

Dear Valued Trip Advisor Member:
We appreciate your feedback on our brand new La Quinta Inn and Suites. We are glad the two queen suite worked so well for your family of six to sleep comfortably. The memory foam mattresses are a great addition to our rooms for added comfort. Our housekeeping team does focus on cleaning to the level of a hospital and we are pleased you found it to be very clean. The 30-plus item breakfast does offer something for everyone and we are pleased you found our hotel to be an excellent value. We are always here for you.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel two nights when attending Mayo Clinic. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly (especially Tamara!). Since parking can be a challenge at Mayo, they even transported us to and from the clinic in their private van, eliminating hours of wait time. The hotel is out of the city but only about 10 minutes to the downtown and clinic area. There are many nice eating places, stores and even a large cinema within walking distance. We ate at one delightful place next door to the hotel called Fat Willy's and found the prices and food excellent. Despite the growing area, the hotel was extremely quiet and clean. Beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are very roomy and decorated in a modern theme. Hotel is only about 3-4 months old. Prices and quality beat anyone in the Rochester area and the breakfasts included many juices, waffles and fruit, eggs, sausage, cereals and almond milk (my favorite). Highly recommend this facility.....very pleasant experience. Only down side was low water pressure on the fourth floor and internet was a little slow....not a big deal, though.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed so if that is an issue, ask for a room on one of the floors that do not allow pets.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda H

Dear Valued Trip Advisor Member:
Our sincere thanks for letting us know our staff like Tammy was extremely helpful and friendly. And, we are glad the clinic being only ten minutes travel time away worked well for you. We are glad the hotel was quiet and clean during your stay and you slept comfortably in our 10" Restonic pillow-top mattresses. Sorry you faced low water pressure, we are working to ensure great water pressure. We wish you a happy and safe fall season ahead!