and 1 more site!
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Jackson, United States
“Friendliest staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is perfect if you are in Rochester visiting Mayo Clinic. The staff is the friendliest I have ever met. The shuttle drivers are fast, friendly and frequent. The restaurant attached to the hotel is very tasty too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mysalz, Owner at Centerstone Plaza Hotel Soldiers Field - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Soldiers Field Tower & Suites. We are thrilled to hear how friendly our staff was during your stay. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy our express courtesy shuttle that we provide to only our guests and enjoyed all of our drivers. We are ecstatic that you were able to dine in Twigs Tavern and Grille and enjoyed your meal. We look forward to your next stay with us. Sincerely, Myron Salz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Fenton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This Best Western caters to the Mayo Clinic guests. I accompanied my daughter there for evaluation. Nice continental breakfast. Excellent free shuttle service to Mayo and surrounding Rochester areas. Ride to and from airport is $10.00 each person each way. Which we felt was reasonable. Very short wait times for their shuttle. The drivers were very nice. The rooms are average. But still a nice size. Be sure to ask for a room away from the elevator. Cleaning staff could be better. None speak English very well. They offer indoor pool, exercise room and arcade room. The attached restaurant "Twig". To me is your typical over priced yuppy food. Their sandwiches were our choice. Big enough to share.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator or ice machine.
minn, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

hotel met all needs for Mayo Clinic Visit rooms were not deluxe but clean and comfortable beds were price was good value. free parking no waiting for free shuttle to clinic location is blocks to Mayo easy to access and find

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mysalz, Owner at Centerstone Plaza Hotel Soldiers Field - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Soldiers Field Tower & Suites. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom and found our rooms clean and comfortable. We are glad that you enjoyed our free parking. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy our express shuttle service that drives only our guests and you never had to wait long to get to your destination. We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Myron Salz
Manasquan, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

First off I only gave this hotel a 1 star rating because there was nothing lower.
I was going there for the Mayo Clinic and everyone knows that you never really know how long you are going to be there when you are there for Mayo. When my son made the reservation for me, he asked several times if it would be a problem if I had to check out early or extend my stay and we were assured there would be no problem either way.
So we went ahead and booked a one bedroom 2 queen bed room with the understand and assurance that this would be one bedroom that would contain 2 queen beds (which is also depicted in the website photos.)
In addition we were told that the kitchen would be fully stocked with pots and pans and cups and dishes and flatware, etc. Well if you can believe it when we got to the room which was "across the street", not a little sleepy side street but a fairly busy large street, and got to our room, we found (after some time searching) that there was one frying pan and that was it for pans. there was 1 coffee mug.
In addition to all of this there was only one bed in the bedroom.
When I called down to inquire about the bed I was told rather rudely that there was a Murphy bed in the living and we could just use that.
The staff were quite rude and very unhelpful.
After about 10 minutes I told my sister that I was not staying there and that by morning I would have found a new place to stay.While the room was clean it was old and "dingy" and then to have all of the problems that we had I was not willing to spend my hard earned money there where I was getting no help.
When we traipsed back across the busy street for breakfast in the morning, I told the woman at the front desk that we would be checking out that morning and I told her why. She did nothing to convince me to stay. I also wanted to make sure I was only going to be charged for the one day that I actually stayed there as the accommodations were not acceptable and she assured me I would only be charged for the one night. Now I find they are trying to charge my credit card over $750 more for I don't know what.
I travel frequently and have been to the Mayo Clinic before and this was far and away the most awful hotel experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: None - No good rooms - Do not come here
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Soldiers Field Tower & Suites. We are so sorry to hear that your guestroom accommodations were not what you had expected. Most of our Mayo Clinic guests do not know their actual length of stay, so we are very flexible with their departure days, so the information that was given to your son at the time of booking your reservation is correct, there would not have been a problem whether you needed to extend or leave early. When you checked in we preauthorized your credit for seven of the twelve nights that you had reserved. Once you checked out we charged your credit card for the actual amount of your stay and released the remaining $745.69 that was being held. Our extended stay suites consist of either a king or queen bed in the bedroom, with a full kitchen and living room area which has a queen size murphy bed that pulls down from the wall. We are so sorry that this was not relayed to you at the time of booking as well as when you checked in. We do have guestrooms that have two queen beds side by side that are in our adjacent building but these are not extended stay suites and only have a microwave and refrigerator. We are so sorry to hear how our front desk staff handled your inquiry, that is not the service that we pride ourselves and our staff with. We have taken your comments and used them as a training tool. Our extended stay suites are stocked with service for four, silverware, dishes, and glasses. They also have a cooking pot, frying pan, and utensils. We apologize that your room was not stocked appropriately. Upon every checkout the room is inspected to ensure that all of the items are there. Clearly your room was accidently missed and we have spoken to our Executive Head Housekeeper to make certain that this does not happen again. We are so disappointed that when you came to check out you were not offered a different room because it is our policy to make sure that our guests are happy and we have a wide variety of room types to meet our guest needs. Please accept our sincerest apologies and if you could contact me directly, myron@soldiersfield.com to discuss these issues further I would appreciate it. Sincerely, Myron Salz
Sheboygan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The room was clean and spacious. Very nice free breakfast, fast internet, and free shuttle to anywhere in the city. Just go to the lobby and tell them where you would like to go. They come back and pick you up.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mysalz, Owner at Centerstone Plaza Hotel Soldiers Field - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Soldiers Field Tower & Suites. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our expanded breakfast buffet, and our complimentary WIFI. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our express shuttle service that services only our guests. We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Myron Salz
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife had appointments at Mayo Clinic and we spent several nights here. The free breakfast is pretty mediocre, but we had a nice suite and the free shuttle service was very convenient. My wife is also gluten intolerant, and the number of good options she had at the restaurant was a very nice surprise. We would definitely consider this motel again if the need arises.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Soldiers Field Tower & Suites. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations and found our extended stay suite perfect for your stay. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our expanded breakfast buffet, we would love to hear any suggestions you may have, if you could please contact me, myron@soldiersfield.com I would appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our express shuttle service that drives only our guests. We are thrilled that you were able to dine at Twigs Tavern and Grille and enjoyed our gluten free menu. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the Rochester area. Sincerely, Myron Salz
Round Lake, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for six nights associated with a trip to Mayo Clinic. The shuttle service is very convenient and the drivers are very caring and build up a rapport with the patients. If you or someone in your family is gluten intolerant, you are also in luck because the onsite restaurant, Twigs, is top notch and offers most of their selections gluten-free as well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our express shuttle service very convenient. We are delighted to hear that our drivers were very caring during your stay. We are thrilled that you were able to dine at Twigs Tavern and Grille and enjoyed our gluten free menu. Thank you so much for your recommendations, it means the world to us. We can't wait to share your comments with our staff, they love to hear how much our guests appreciate them. We look forward to your next stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Soldiers Field Tower & Suites. Sincerely, Myron Salz