Days Inn Rochester Downtown
US$154
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$69
Travelocity
US$148
US$171
All reviewsfree parkingmethodist hospitalattached restaurantrooms are smallan older hotelbed was comfortablemayo visitsharonpannekoekenconvenienceminnesotapatientssubwayskyway
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My father was to have surgery at Mayo clinic and a huge snow and ice storm was forcast. I chose this hotel simply because it was literally across the street from Methodist Hospital. I had a single room ($72.16 Mayo special rate) and my parents 2 double beds in another room $90+/-with tax. Their room was spacious but a extremely tiny bathroom that you had to step up into. My room had the same step up into the bathroom but absolutely no plug in inside the bathroom at all. The hair dryers were outside the bathroom next to a wall mirror desk sort of thing. Plastic cups, stick on floor tiles like you would remodel your home bathroom with. Noisy with elevator & outside noise. I would never stay there again. the elevator hardly held 3 people much less any luggage. Panokoeken Hus restaurant was attached. We ate there due to the convenience due to the storm. The food was ok, not fantastic. Dirty/ old restaurant in major need of cleaning and updating/repairs. Service was mediocre at best.

My room cleanliness was much to be desired. Literally poop on the toilet seat and side of the tub as well as urine splashes on the side of the tub. I chose to not even shower as I felt I was cleaner without a shower than if I tried to use that shower. The old TV was on a table right at the end of the bed, way too close but no where else to put it. Room was super super small!

I could not find a plug in to charge my cell phone and so had to unplug the alarm clock from the multi-plug adapter by the desk (lamp, coffee maker, clock, hairdryer all in one outlet).

Very disappointing and will avoid! The outside of the building is deceiving in comparison to the inside. I was not expecting a lot and received even less than that.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Adam K, Manager at Days Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests; whether it is good or bad. We apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. It is our job to make sure our guests are happy and we obviously failed to do so. We operate a very old hotel with a number of different room layouts. Unfortunately you were put into a room that had a step to the bathroom. We do have some rooms that do not have a step into the bathroom and some that do. If a guest requests a room without a step into the bathroom we do are very best to accommodate those needs. Our staff works very hard to keep this hotel clean and comfortable. I am very surprised to learn that there was an issue with the cleanliness in the bathroom. If we would have been notified of this problem we would have certainly corrected the problem or moved you to another room. As stated earlier our staff works very hard to make every guest experience a positive one. Again, I apologize your experience was not satisfactory.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

its a very old hotel but reasonably priced. great location right in downtown. walking distance to everything. clean with good beds. the attached restaurant was very good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel is very old but I have to say the rooms where so very clean and the front desk people where so friendly. The elevator is very old and not super clean but the rooms you could eat off the bathroom floors. Also the restaurant that is attached is wonderful it has great food and the waiters and waitresses are so nice. We ate there the entire time. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I spent 2 weeks at the downtown Days Inn, Rochester, MN while my husband was a patient right across the street at Rochester Methodist Hospital. The manager gave be a great daily rate, including the use of a microwave and refrigerator at no charge, a couple free nights stay, and the entire staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. I felt safe walking across the street from the hospital each night and safely arriving at my room. We had also reserved a room for family coming into town, but at the last minute their plans changed and they could not stay the night afterall. Even though it was after the usual 6 pm cancellation time, they said there would be no charge and not to worry at all. Yes, my room and bathroom were old but very clean and and the beds were just fine. The first night the room was cold but the front desk staff sent up a portable heater and I was toasty the rest of the night. I would recommend this hotel to others for the convenience of location and the great staff performance there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed at the days inn while my grandma had surgery at mayo. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. The staff was great, room was spacious and had a nice new clean bathroom. It had a desk in the room and plenty of windows. I will definitely stay here again! Loved it.

• Stayed: January 2012