“Wonderful Rochester” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester, United States
“Wonderful Rochester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel was superior! A plus to the staff for doing a great job making me feel comfortable. I have to say the breakfast was 2nd to none and I kinda missed it when I stopped laster to eat after leaving hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you Douglas!

I am so happy to hear you were comfortable during your stay, and that the staff was in your words 'superior'! We appreciate any feedback, positive or constructive criticism. We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've never had any serious problems in a Hampton and the one in Rochester was typical of the brand. Rooms are spacious enough and the hotel overall was quiet. Complimentary breakfast was good and had no trouble with the complimentary Internet.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Thanks Brian!

Long time no see, sorry I missed you when you were here. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here, and in Rochester. I hope you are having as nice a day in Fargo as we are in Rochester today.
Hazen, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have always traveled since I was 19. I have never stayed in a Hampton Inn until we went to the Mayo clinic for my fathers surgery. They not only had all the toiletries you would need in case you left your at home by accident, but they also were very considerate to my little brother and me the entire time. The desk clerk helped my brother personally connect to the wifi, He had a blast in their pool, and the breakfast had a great variety of food and drinks. I would stay here again and again but under happier circumstances. If anyone ever asks for a great place to stay, the Hampton Inn is going to be the only thing out of my lips. I hope your stay was as wonderful as ours was.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you Dania! What a nice review to share with our team. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, given the trying circumstances. We really do try to be a home away from home for our guests, especially for those visiting Mayo Clinic.

We also hope your next visit is for leisure, and we look forward to seeing you then!
New Carlisle, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here repeatedly. It's a popular place. Can get noisy on weekends with the large groups that stay there. Students, weddings etc. Shuttles are very nice. The staff and the manager Jim is super friendly. It's nice to see familiar faces instead of strangers each time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you Shelley! We appreciate that you continue to choose us for your visits to Rochester. We do our best to make our guests feel at home, and I'm glad you enjoy staying with us. See you next time.
Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel when I was taking a professional continuing education course. I was not at the hotel much but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Fitness Center, the extra touches in my room: nice toiletries, coffee maker, lap top desk, the complimentary tea/coffee bar in the lobby and the breakfast. The hotel is also located by a number of restaurants and is only a few minutes away from the downtown. My only negative comment was that there were a number of groups (youth sports teams?) so the lobby was busy and loud on Saturday evening, with lots of kids in the hallways. My room was far from the lobby so it was quiet, but it might be worth calling ahead and finding out if there are a number of groups staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lisa M
Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you Lisa, for this review. I am glad you found our amenities to be a good value, and that you had a chance to take advantage of them. I'm sorry you ran into some noise in our lobby area, as (you are correct!) we had a few sports teams in this weekend. We try assign those groups on one end of the hotel to mitigate any noise. I'm glad to hear your room was quiet.

We hope to see you again soon.
Maplewood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Had a great experience at Hampton Inn-Rochester, MN! Clean; spacious room - great bathroom - awesome breakfast in the morning! Easy internet access in the room. Used the pull out sofa for a bed - it was clean and offered a great spot for sleep. Room had microwave, coffee maker & refrigerator - all were used and appreciated!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you very much Molly, we're glad you had an enjoyable stay! I'll share your words with the team. We are always appreciative when our guests take the time, after their stay, to give us feedback on how things went. It allows us to continuously improve!

thanks again,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stay at motels/hotels a lot for business. Hamptons are usually quiet and predictable. This one had an old, old, old, flat, cheap mattress which surprised us. Also, under the carpet in our room, right where you walk, were large bumps about the size of half an avocadoe, probably cement. ?? Go figure. Maybe why it was the last room avaiable and the price was cut.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank 487kurtk
Thank you for the response, and for bringing these items to our attention. I received your note through our Hilton system, so I sent you some more specifics in that response. I'm very sorry you did not sleep well. The most important aspect of a hotel stay is a restful sleep, and we did not provide that for you this time, please accept our apologies. I'd like to make it right, please refer to the e-mail I sent to you.

We hope you choose us again.