“Amazing!”

Hampton Inn Rochester
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hampton Inns are simply wonderful...great staff, marvelous rooms, amenities to make the day start off right and stay that way. These are the only inns at which I'll stay if one is available where I travel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you very much, for choosing our hotel, and for your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We pride ourselves on delivering consistent, quality service and amenities to make our guests keep coming back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites on 59th NW Rochester when I am visiting Minnesota, but after checking out on May 30th, I realized my mother would need to be in the hospital longer. By the time I tried to check back in at Hampton Inn on 59th, they were fully booked so I came to this Hampton Inn on Broadway for a night. I was not impressed at all which was very disappointing as I hold Hampton in high regards. The hotel was extremely noisy, with guests partying by the pool area at 10.30pm and barbecuing, which I found extremely unusual and strange. At breakfast, there was what seemed like a tone of children being noisy etc. As a Mayo Clinic visitor I would definitely advise you to stay clear of this hotel and try the Hampton Inn and Suites on 59th NW instead as it is totally different from this one and the service there is so much better. When you are at a hotel because you have a sick relative, the visit is already unpleasant, so you do not want this intensified by people parting till the early hours of the morning because what you want is peace, quiet and rest for the next day.

Room Tip: Don't come here, go to Hampton on 59th NW
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Frequent travel... T
Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear guest,

I'm very sorry you experienced noise issues during your stay with us. We do our best on weekends to assign leisure guests rooms away from our Mayo patients, but sometimes on sold out weekends we are unable to do so, or do so poorly. I am very sorry, as it appears that was the case for your stay.

Please reach out to me at jim.sele@hilton.com so we can discuss making this right.
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great Motel. Clean rooms, friendly staff, timely reliable shuttle to Mayo, nice complimentary breakfast- kitchen staff very friendly and helpful, soup served in evenings, plenty of parking, fitness center where everything works, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you Gary!

We appreciate the response, and your high rating for our amenities. Our primary goal is to give our guests a fresh, clean room and access to anything they need to make their stay more enjoyable.

We hope to see you again.
Livermore, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hotel was above all my expectations. Im used to staying at higher end 4 and 5 star hotels. So i was quite please with the stay here. Everyone was helpful, hotel extremely clean and overall comfort was great. The pool and hot tub room though had way to much chlorine. Hurt eyes very much just sitting in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I am very happy to hear you were satisfied Jay. It is always nice to be compared favorably to our 5-star competitors. We do our best to give our guests legendary service, a clean room, and a nice hot breakfast every morning.

Thank you!
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This Hampton Inn is very nice. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are clean and it is very quiet. The continental breakfast had a lot of choices and was delicious. The rooms were a bit small, it was a tight squeeze for our family of 4.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback Bob.

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to be a clean, welcoming location to host you, and I'm glad you were pleased.

I'm sorry about the space restriction in the room. Our rooms our scheduled for a renovation at the end of the year that should free up some space, by building some of the furnishings into the wall.

We hope to see you again!
Monticello, IL, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very courteous staff. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The hotel offers a complementary shuttle service to the various Mayo Clinic buildings and hospitals. We will definitely return to this hotel if we return to Rochester.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and took full use of the amenities we provide for Mayo patients. Our goal is make your lodging experience relaxing and enjoyable, so you can focus on your important visit.

We hope you choose us again next time you return to Rochester!
Rochester, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel was superior! A plus to the staff for doing a great job making me feel comfortable. I have to say the breakfast was 2nd to none and I kinda missed it when I stopped laster to eat after leaving hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you Douglas!

I am so happy to hear you were comfortable during your stay, and that the staff was in your words 'superior'! We appreciate any feedback, positive or constructive criticism. We hope to see you again.