“Price Preformer”

Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 6 December 2011

This is a great place for the money, clean, well equiped and bright. The staff was more than freindly. Did not have breakfast or use the shuttle so cannot comment on them.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank PamandDon

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I just completed a 5 night stay at the Econo Lodge. This is a first class hotel! It has been a Platinum Award Winner in 2008, 2009, 2010 and
2011!! The staff is what makes this a first class hotel.
When I arrived last Sunday afternoon, I was greeted by Don Osborn who was working behind the desk. He is a very friendly person. He even asked me if I needed any help with carrying in my luggage from my car. After I brought my luggage in, I asked Don a question. By the time I turned around, their head house keeper, Genaro, carried my luggage up to my room.
The Econo Lodge is one of the few hotels that has hourly trips to the Mayo Clinic. Some hotels you have to wait 2 hours for service.
The owners of this hotel, Mike and Lynette Jacobson, are outstanding!
Since November 1st was a Holy Day in the Catholic Religion, I asked Lynette if she knew where the nearest Catholic Church was? I started to talk to her husband for a minute and before I knew it, Lynette had called 3 Catholic Churches to get the Mass times for me and gave me directions to them. This is what I call outstanding service!
The Assistant Manager, Josiah Bandy, is always there if you have any questions or you need any help with directions. All of the staff is very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very nice and clean. They have an excellent breakfast.
They have beautiful flowers planted outside with some nice shrubs too.
For the price you pay, this is a first class hotel! Try it for yourself and see why they have so many repeat customers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Gary T
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed at the Econo Lodge for a week while we visited the Mayo Clinic because of others who had recommended it, and we agree that the hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was very cheerful and helpful, and the breakfast was simple but adequate and included fresh fruit every day. It was great to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. For the price, this hotel is a terrific value. If we go back to Mayo, we will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Catfish49
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed here on our way to Rapid City, SD from Toledo, Ohio just as a mid-point and were not disappointed! Hotel was very clean, staff was so helpful, and the breakfast was very nice. We would recommend the hotel. They also recommended the Whiskey Creek restaurant across the street which was excellent!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzannev1951
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. Rooms are a little small but what do you expect for the very reasonable price. I travel 26 weeks a year. I would never stay at an Econo Lodge because of the reputation as a cheap dirty place. Well I did stay here because of the trip adviser reviews. Shuttle comes promptly for Mayo clinic at scheduled times. Staff is very friendly. Could not have been a better stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I'm originally from Rochester, MN and now live in the Denver, CO area. We still have many family and friends in Rochester and when we come back to visit, we always stay at Econo Lodge South. For most people, when they hear Econo Lodge, a certain picture comes to mind. I can tell you that this hotel is far from that. It's very clean, has many updates, and is really a pleasure to stay at. Unless you are used to staying at high-end hotels, you will really enjoy staying here. I do recommend, however, that you book one of the "larger" rooms. You'll appreciate the extra space.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank truax78
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights as our son was a patient at Mayo. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating, from the first call to make the reservation to the day we checked out. They even offered us breakfast earlier than usual, had the surgery been scheduled early in the day. The rooms aren't real big, but they are clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good as well. The location was great as it was within 1 1/2 miles to Mayo and there were many restaurant options within walking distance. They also offer a Mayo Clinic shuttle, which we didn't use, but is available. You also get a Mayo Clinic discount if you or a family member is a patient, which is very nice. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple