“Great hotel!”

Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed here because we had appointments at Mayo clinic. The hotel is up to date, clean and the staff is super friendly. Upon checking in, we ran into two other guests and they told us what a wonderful hotel we had chosen. The week before, Rochester had received a good amount of snow, and the owners went out to the parking lot and brushed all the cars off and shoveled between the cars so it was one last thing for the guests to worry about. Also, the shuttle that goes to and from Mayo Clinic is AWESOME, saving you parking fees and looking for a parking spot. We will be staying here again and we recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Michael J, Owner at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for your nice comments. I just wanted to let our guests know who read this that we do attempt to clean snow off cars. However we are not always able to make this happen before guests leave our property. We make decisions based on staffing, time of day or night that it snows or stops snowing, outdoor temp, future forcasts etc.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

needed 2 rooms due to a family member having surgery........... very accomidating!! This also
IMPRESSED US VERY MUCH....they have Bible verses written on a board going into the laundry room. AND if you need prayer they will pray with you!! What a wonderful thing when a loved one is in the hospital! And for Christians that is wonderful. The more prayer we have the better!!

Room Tip: We asked for the main floor, they have 2 floors but you have to use the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Large rooms, HD TV, perfect temperature. Good beds firm enough to sleep well. Fridge, microwave and great staff. 2 daily papers. Decent breakfast. Perkins next door which has good food. Hourly pick-up service to Mayo and whole clinic. Snow cleaned from autos when it snows! You won't be disappointed staying here. Owner is building an elevator to second floor. Rumor that they will be providing full breakfast soon.

Room Tip: We stayed here before on top floor and all rooms are about equal I think
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments. Full breakfast, I don't know... Just to keep guest expectations in check, I can tell you... after our elevator expansion is complete (July 2013) we are planning on improving our breakfast line next winter 2013/14. We have not decided what we will be changing yet... Keep watching, you never know what we will do next... Thank you for the opportunity to comment on this. Mike Jacobson Owner/GM

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I'll admit I chose this hotel for our stay when we need a place while visiting The Mayo Clinic because of the other reviews. Some places are great 80% of the time but there is not a single thing I can complain about. They were great 100% of the time! From the first encounter as we checked in to the towel folded to look like an elephant in our bathroom; it was top notch. We stayed 2 nights. The first night we received 8" of snow. Left our car in the parking lot and rode the shuttle to the clinic. When we arrived back late that afternoon, we found that they had cleared all the snow off the cars and shoveled between them. That was over and above what I expected. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I gave this hotel 5/5 since for this class of lodging, it really was nice. The staff are really helpful and the breakfast is pretty good. I've stayed here several times with my parents "lodging" at the Saint Mary's Hospital (Mayo Clinic). I've also stayed at similar hotels in Rochester and had pretty good luck too. But now I know what to expect at this place and if (when) I have to stay in Rochester again, I will stay here. Easy to get to Saint Mary's Hospital.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gymSalemOregon
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I was just there over the weekend for my daughter's volleyball tournament. This is a very clean and nicely decorated hotel. The staff was super friendly. The breakfast was good....make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, donuts, toast, oj, coffee/tea and a cappucino machine with two flavors of cappucino and hot cocoa. The room itself was decent sized, beds and pillows were very comfortable. The area seemed fairly quiet. The only drawbacks were that it is on the small size....the lobby/breakfast/laundry is fairly compact and the bathroom is small, and there is no pool. But for a clean place for a good night's sleep it can't be beat! My husband travels to Rochester on business frequently and I suggested he start staying here. If I ever have a need to go to Rochester, this will be my first pick.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank j e
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting my sister in the hospital. The satff was very friendly and professional. The hotel was clean. The room was a little bit small, but what do you expect for the low price? The bed was OK; I don't really sleep well in any hotel. The breakfast was waffles; there were not many other choices. Overall, we were very pleased with the value we received.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank James H

Thank you for the nice comments. Just a note to future guests. We have 17 rooms that have 1 queen bed in them. They are 25% smaller than a standard room. Please note when booking the most inexpensive room we have that they are smaller than a normal room. You should see in the description "small room". Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments, Mike Jacobson Owner/Gm