All reviewsmayo clinicgreat place to stayusa todaythe breakfast areacontinental breakfast iscomplimentary shuttlelittle thingswheel chairhighly recommend this hotelother hotelsrochester mncomfortable bedsclean hotelexercise roomfront desk staffmotelcereal
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is our third stay at this particular Econo Lodge, so I guess we think it is OK. This last time, we had a handicapped access room, since the wife has trouble getting around. The shower is a walk in shower instead of in a tub and there is also a high rise toilet with the hand grab bars. I don't know if a wheel chair would have fit in the shower, but it did have a seat installed to sit on if needed. The room itself was good and close to the front desk. The breakfast area is large enough that we never had a problem during our three day stay to find seating and the food was about average. Internet access was strictly wireless and worked well. If you eat at the Perkins next door, you can use your room key for 10% off your bill.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sstraveler
Reviewed 18 June 2013

After traveling 11 hours from Michigan heading west, we took the exit this hotel was one. On way to hotel 8 miles from exit my mom called her choice membership to book the room. We got here and the staff came to help us carry our bags in! The hotel smelled like bleach! Our room was SPOTLESS NOT ONE SINGLE HAIR! I FREAK OUT ABOUT THAT! This place is clean; quiet, affordable! Flat screen tv mounted on wall, fridge,microwave newly renovated. Decorated tastefully. We travel a lot and are very leery of sleeping arrangements_ most the time I would rather sleep in car! In room coffee was even decent! Raiforest alliance! Anyhow...do not hesitate to stay here! They are putting in an elevator to make it more accessible. Have not been to continental breakfast but I am sure it is good.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TLRoo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I booked the hotel through Expedia, which cost me about $20 more if I contact the hotel directly. Even with more expensive rate, we were given the smallest room by Expedia. We found about all these after we checked in. The hotel staff upgraded us free to a king size bed, which made us happier. The outside of the hotel was under remodeling, not very impressed. The inside of room is clean and quiet. Continental breakfast was provided, not fancy at all.

Room Tip: contact the hotel directly by search on google and find direct number. The number listed on TripAdvisor is Expedia, not the hotel number. Be careful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet W
Michael J, Owner at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Janet,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We were glad to be able to upgrade your room to a King room. This is not always possible. Many people booking on 3rd party websites like Expedia book the lowest priced room. In the print the room is labeled as "small room". For people reading this make sure you book a room not labeled as "Small". The front of our hotel is undergoing renovation and should be completed by July 1, 2013. If it ever quits raining.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Rochester

Mike & Lynette Jacobson
Owners/GM
Rochester Econolodge

Reviewed 18 May 2013

My Husband and I recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Rochester, MN, We stayed 2 nights in order to attend the Gold Rush Antique Flea Market which was just down the road. It was a great stay, the rooms were clean, very quite and comfortable, I had requested a recliner since my husband has a bad back and this seemed not to be a problem for them and they did accomedate us, unlike many other motels which don't have recliners available. The staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful, the Perkins located right next door was great. The Breakfast in the morning was very good, Rates were very affordable. They were undergoing some renovation but you would have never known it, even the construction workers were very nice and accomedating. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel and found the room to be very clean and updated. It was also very quiet. The staff was friendly, and the morning breakfast offerings were great. The location was really convenient, nice to have the Perkins restaurant right next door. The hotel was in the middle of some renovations while we were there, but it did not negatively affect our stay. We had requested a 2nd floor room and our request was fulfilled. We would definitely stay here again. Great room rates too, especially after signing up for the Choice Privileges membership program (which was free).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family