All reviewsmayo clinicgreat place to stayusa todaythe breakfast areacontinental breakfast iscomplimentary shuttlelittle thingswheel chairhighly recommend this hotelother hotelsrochester mncomfortable bedsclean hotelexercise roomfront desk staffmotelcereal
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed there one night, and I read the reviews here on this site and they are very true. This is a very nice updated hotel. Very clean and very quiet. Beds were very comfortable, breakfast was good. Plenty of options. Took the shuttle to the clinic and it was very easy. I will be staying there again the next time I am in Rochester, MN. Nicer than some of the other big name hotels in the area. No pool, but I was not looking for that. They have an elevator to the 2nd floor also.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Michael J, Manager at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

563trace,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate the positive feedback, and are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

See you next time!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

First, I can't believe the price for this nice of a hotel. It looked well-maintained from outside, but when we entered the lobby I was surprised how warm and inviting the atmosphere was.

Our room was very clean and fresh smelling. We had two comfortable Queen beds and I loved that each bed had (4) pillows. We slept well and made use of both the fridge and microwave.

I didn't have breakfast every morning, but when I did I found it tasty with standard continental choices and more. I'm not a big waffle, donut or cereal eater. For breakfast, I'm a protein lover, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find they also had yogurt and hard boiled eggs. The dining area was clean and well-staffed.

When we got up one morning, it had snowed about 4 inches. They had blown the snow off of our van, had cleared the parking lot, and had hand shoveled a path on both sides of our vehicle. What?!!! I've never been to a hotel that ever did that before!

We were in Rochester visiting family over the holidays, so the fitness room was a major plus. My wife, daughter and I all used the fitness room to help offset all of the eating.

I didn't expect to see an elevator in a hotel in this price range, especially one so big. So, I asked and found that they had just installed it and specifically chose a large size in case one of their Mayo clients needed to be transported by gurney. Very thoughtful!

I brought a lot of work with me and was pleased to be able to have easy internet access from both our room and the breakfast area. I had no issues watching Netflix movies in hi-def on my laptop.

We regularly stay in high end hotels, but will not waste the money staying anywhere other than here when we come to Rochester. It's so nice to find value like this. Anything else just seems like a waste of money.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side and it was very peaceful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank david w

David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to go on Trip Advisor to share your experience! It was so wonderful to read about your pleasant stay at our hotel. I have printed your review and shared it with our staff. Reviews like yours are very encouraging and make us enjoy our work all the more!!

THANK YOU!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Michael J, Owner at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is an older hotel that was newly remodeled. Though you could see that some items were reused, and there is nothing wrong with that, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and our stay was great. Though they have a continental breakfast, we met friends at the Perkins right next door for breakfast, which was 10% off because we were staying at the Econo Lodge.
Rochester has hotel rooms that range from a 1 star to 5 stars, but in many cases you get what you pay for, or you pay too much for what you get. Econo Lodge was a nice room for a great price.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We called this hotel directly, instead of going through an online booking, and got a room for even less cost.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you noticed the changes from remodeling. We have finished the Elevator, Fitness room, Business Center. As you mentioned some of the furniture is older. We hired an Amish cabinet maker to build our furniture. I have found that Amish people work at their own speed. The new furniture was supposed to be completed a few months ago. I am hoping it will be finished this spring....? Thank you for staying with us.

Mike

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We recently stayed there and were extremely happy with the friendly service, cleanliness, and quiet surroundings. The breakfast was included and it was great, too, something for everyone and everything fresh! The staff couldn't have been more helpful with whatever we needed. ( like the use of an ironing board and iron) They even printed out directions and times for the local show to make things easy for us. We told some people we met at the Mayo Clinic about our hotel (who were disappointed with the hotel they were staying at) and they decided to come over to the Econo Lodge. We saw them that evening there and they were thrilled they made the change. It's only a five minute drive to the Mayo Clinic and when we come back to Rochester, it is the only place we will stay.

Room Tip: We requested the small room but next time would request a larger one. The small room is really good for only one guest.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I want to thank you for recommending us to other people, it is our best form of advertizing and we appreciate it very much. Mike