Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area
US$154
US$146
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$85
Travelocity
US$177
US$160
Hotels.com
All reviewstowel animalsstayed heremayo clinicgreat place to staythe breakfast areacontinental breakfast iscomplimentary shuttleother guestslittle thingsrefrigerator and microwaveevery hourwheel chairother hotelsvisiting rochestercomfortable bedstaff was very friendly and helpfulclean rooms
Reviewed 8 March 2014

First time staying at this Rochester property and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort, cleanliness of the room and helpfulness of the staff. A four inch snowfall buried our car overnight and the hotel had the lot cleared, snow manually removed beside and behind our car, and blew the snow off the car before check out time. Truly service above and beyond that of most facilities. Breakfast was good and the towel animals really made us smile. In the past we have stayed at other facilities closer to the Mayo Clinic for much more money and less service. Won't make that mistake again. This will be our destination from now on. It is also convenient to a Perkins 24 hour restaurant and other area restaurants offer delivery. As a Choice Rewards member our checkout time is 2pm and the Mayo Shuttle stops hourly. This makes our Mayo Clinic visit much easier.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Happytraveler529
Michael J, Owner at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the high scores and all the positive feedback. I'm very pleased to know that we gave you great service during your stay. We have a great staff and the housekeepers work very hard to keep the rooms clean! I am very pleased you decided to give us a try during your recent stay in Rochester.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a great property! Pleasant staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast; basically everything you could ask for, and more! They go far above and beyond what you will often find in similar brand properties. Just a couple of examples that I rarely see in similar properties; plenty of outlets for the electronic gadgets we all need to charge overnight, and the extra touch of housekeeping taking the time to make cute "towel animals"! That brought a smile at the end of a LONG day, which just makes you feel really good about the choice you made for the night! Thanks so much! I'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ArcherFKA
Michael J, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Steve,

I'm happy to hear that our hotel was "everything you could ask for, and more!" What a compliment! I'm so pleased you had a great stay at our hotel, and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeepers! A little encouragement can go a long way, and your comments will make their day :)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I booked this based on the reviews and was not disappointed. The room was comfortable as well as the bed. We really didn't hear much noise from the hallway. Overall a quiet stay. Breakfast was good and they kept it refilled pretty well. Someone from housekeeping apparently has an artistic touch and turned some of the linens into an elephant in the bathroom. This was one of the first things we saw and it set the mood for the rest of our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

lockpak,

I'm happy to hear the reviews rang true. We appreciate you taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review, yourself. The fun towel designs are a creative touch that our housekeepers came up with! We have a great team of staff, and I will be sure to let our housekeepers know that you enjoyed that extra touch!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed there one night, and I read the reviews here on this site and they are very true. This is a very nice updated hotel. Very clean and very quiet. Beds were very comfortable, breakfast was good. Plenty of options. Took the shuttle to the clinic and it was very easy. I will be staying there again the next time I am in Rochester, MN. Nicer than some of the other big name hotels in the area. No pool, but I was not looking for that. They have an elevator to the 2nd floor also.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Michael J, Manager at Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

563trace,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate the positive feedback, and are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

See you next time!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

First, I can't believe the price for this nice of a hotel. It looked well-maintained from outside, but when we entered the lobby I was surprised how warm and inviting the atmosphere was.

Our room was very clean and fresh smelling. We had two comfortable Queen beds and I loved that each bed had (4) pillows. We slept well and made use of both the fridge and microwave.

I didn't have breakfast every morning, but when I did I found it tasty with standard continental choices and more. I'm not a big waffle, donut or cereal eater. For breakfast, I'm a protein lover, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find they also had yogurt and hard boiled eggs. The dining area was clean and well-staffed.

When we got up one morning, it had snowed about 4 inches. They had blown the snow off of our van, had cleared the parking lot, and had hand shoveled a path on both sides of our vehicle. What?!!! I've never been to a hotel that ever did that before!

We were in Rochester visiting family over the holidays, so the fitness room was a major plus. My wife, daughter and I all used the fitness room to help offset all of the eating.

I didn't expect to see an elevator in a hotel in this price range, especially one so big. So, I asked and found that they had just installed it and specifically chose a large size in case one of their Mayo clients needed to be transported by gurney. Very thoughtful!

I brought a lot of work with me and was pleased to be able to have easy internet access from both our room and the breakfast area. I had no issues watching Netflix movies in hi-def on my laptop.

We regularly stay in high end hotels, but will not waste the money staying anywhere other than here when we come to Rochester. It's so nice to find value like this. Anything else just seems like a waste of money.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side and it was very peaceful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank david w

David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to go on Trip Advisor to share your experience! It was so wonderful to read about your pleasant stay at our hotel. I have printed your review and shared it with our staff. Reviews like yours are very encouraging and make us enjoy our work all the more!!

THANK YOU!