“A very nice surprise”

Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel was VERY easy to find. I was very surprised to pull up and see such a nice hotel. The lobby was very impressive and clean. The guy at the desk was nice enough and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There were some very good places to eat close by...but There was no fridge in the room for leftovers. we were going to grab a couple of pops to bring with us to the pool area and noticed that EVERY pop machine in the building was sold out...and we did not want to wonder into the bar area in our bathing suites..so we went without. Got back to the room and went to get ice and the ice machine on our floor was broken. other than those VERY SMALL issues and the minor fact that the bathroom didn't have a fan I was very happy with my stay. I would/will stay there again. The price was VERY reasonable!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Alan H, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely pleased with your comments and the service you experienced at our location.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and provide experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate your feedback as that is one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members for a job well done

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Comfortable stay and clean room, a bit noise as it is close to the Highway.
The fireplace is quite nice and nice to enjoy a game over a weekend.
Good breakfast with nice selection.
The staff are good and helpful, as it was close to my office i stayed there for couple of weeks on the Business trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were uncertain when we first arrived and couldn't find anyone at the front desk. Turns out he was finding a microwave for a guests son! So attentive to guests...lots of personal care. Very impressive. The bed was comfortable. The towels nice. Everything was clean and tidy. I'm not sure the kitchen staff were prepared for the size of the group at breakfast. And once we got breakfast it was wonderful and the wait staff were super accommodating. In fact, we took the pre-made eggs because there was such a long line behind us at the omelet bar and we wanted to make way for those after us. The nice woman at the omelet station later brought us some fresh, nicely scrambled eggs. So sweet!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dee P

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I came to Roseville from out of town seeing my ill mother in the hospital. I checked in later in the evening and decided to get dinner and a drink. I ordered my food from an older waitress who forgot my order, was coughing all over everything, didn't smile or talk to any customers. She seemed more concerned about standing there and holding up the bar counter. I asked a bigger gentlemen who was also working in the restaurant if he could check on my food. He was poorly dressed, smelled, and had a homely look to him. He was profusely sweating so I told him to forget about it. My food finally came after 25 minutes. The food was inadequate cold and poorly presented. I will not dine in and would not recommend anyone eating there. Other than dinner from hell I enjoyed the rest of my trip the room was nice and clean and the front desk staff and morning breakfast crew were warm and inviting

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely disappointed with your comments and the service you experienced at our location.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and provide better experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate your feedback as that is one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members for a job well done and vice versa.

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

A good place to stay - clean room, comfy bed, friendly staff, great breakfast selection. A little noisy with the highway right next door but really, no complaints! Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town on business.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Marriott had a nice menu and friendly staff, but lacked in its maid service. We were always calling for towels, coffee, etc. It has a lounge on site with a Bar and Menu. We liked that. The pool is small but adequate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tmvallis

Reviewed 30 April 2013

The Courtyard Roseville was a decent Courtyard. The salmon salad in the resturant was really good and the staff/service at the hotel was also very good. I would recommend a room on the front side of the hotel as the rear backs up to the freeway and is quite loud even during the middle of the night (trucks).

If you are looking for a hotel with more than a real basic fitness center, you might want to look elsewhere. It's a bit dusty (just take a look under the treadmills - hasn't been cleaned in quite some time) and the 10 lb and 8 lb weights are mising. Have a simple bench for working out and a small universal machine. If it's not a big deal to you, then the cardio (elliptical, bike and tredmills are good) and the weights will be adequate. If you are really into working out, there is an LA Fitness not far away and I believe (although I did not) you can get a day pass.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business