“Lost reservation and over whelming petroleum fumes”

Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Lost reservation and over whelming petroleum fumes”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hi,
Every thing is clean. the staff is friendly. But this may be worst stay in a hotel, bed and breakfast, airbnb, you name it in years and I was in eastern Europe shortly after the wall fell. Zowee..
#1. I am told I should have checked in last night and the hotel is fully booked tonight. They will see what they can do. All very nice and polite. But no room for me here.
#2. The conference organizer happens to be in the lobby and has a copy of the room reservations as sent out by the hotel.
#3. Suddenly, a room is available.

But what makes this place horrible are the fumes. Staff say the patio was repaired today and sealed with something. So this isn't even in the hotel proper. I wonder if anyone will be waking up with head aches. This can not be healthy. No health inspection organization would allow this place to operate with these conditions.

Forecast is for snow and every time the heater kicks-in it pumps the fumes into the room.

Nice polite, friendly Minnesotans, but still. I know the Marriott is organized as a REIT so it doesn't pay corporate taxes, but it should be a little concerned about the health of customers.

wayne iNWI

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Alan H, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely disappointed about the inability to better the situation from our staff you recently experienced at our location. I wish that I would have had the opportunity to discuss this furthermore and gather more detailed information prior to your departure. I do feel your frustration and would like to apologize again on behalf of the entire staff for the inconvenience that we may have caused during your stay. In order to continue to maintain our high level of standards and meet the needs and expecatctions of our guests, at times we need to not only upgrade but renovate our product as well. We did redo our patio area to be able to better serve our valued guest like yourself and unfortunately needed to "seal" the new concrete. The process did take a little longer than anticipated leading the fumes to linger longer than we had hoped for. My team did "ozone" the entire first floor to minimize the fumes and purchased several odor diffusers to help betteer the situation. We also had the inspector from the Minnesaota Heath Department on property prior to the redo as well as afterwards to ensure all areas of operation were safe for our guests. The inspector found no areas of concern the follwoing morning as well.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and at times we fail to do so. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and avoid experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to make us better. I do feel that we could have done a better job and with that being said, I would like to apologize and thank you again at the same time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Minnesota
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The room was fine. Clean and quiet. Front desk was more than accommodating. Restaurant was closed so they brought me a microwave. There was a frig in the room. I appreciated her attentiveness and assistance very much. The parking had very easy access to my room since I was alone I appreciated that.

Room Tip: I stay in Roseville quite a bit but never stayed here before and will stay again .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely pleased about your comments and appreciate the level of service from our staff you recently experienced at our location.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and provide experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback as its one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members fro a job well done.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It's so refreshing staying at a Courtyard with a full service bar and grill. The remodels at most properties are disappointing. The furniture in the restaurant is starting to show its age but again much better than the cookie cutter bistros in most locations. The room was what you'd expect,a little plain for the inflated twin cities rate you'll pay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TripMember0725202016

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and provide experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate your feedback as that is one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members for a job well done.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

adequately clean, good location (easy in and out, centrally located), quiet (almost too quiet if that's possible), friendly staff (especially front desk); adequate breakfast buffet ... would go again. Enjoyed our two night stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

This is a relatively new Courtyard - rooms clean and nicely appointed, bar and front desk staff friendly and helpful. Main dislikes: Bar was poorly stoked, ran out of most beers, drafts and vino for the two days I was there. Sleepy wait staff in the AM. Overall was fine but nothing special.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely pleased with your comments and the service you recently experienced at our location. A few of the items will be addressed and I wish I would have had the opportunity to better the situation prior to your departure.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and provide experiences such as yours if not better. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate your feedback as that is one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members for a job well done.
Hibbing, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 August 2013

First the weekend we stayed was the PGA golf at Blaine and 3M people everywhere, the hotel also had Hockey families like us. The hotel also had big wedding reception so with that said the staff did well, however our room had not been made up by 4pm when we left for hockey game. Once it was it was not well done. no towels, garbage not emptied. From noon to 4 the room carts were with in 3 rooms of ours but never moved. Several time the cleaning staff was busy on the cell phones and not working. So for this reason 4pm no service makes no sense. The hotel is nice but layout is not great. Stairs are not center on ends. If there were a fire you would have to try to get half way around hotel. Made upper floors a pain. Room was small but had a nice terrace. Bed ok but pillows were not so great. This hotel is not really near much so keep that in mind. Overal ok

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am definitely disappointed with your comments and the service you experienced at our location.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and avoid experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue making us better. I truly appreciate your feedback as that is one of the ways we reward and recognize our team members for a job well done.
Hanover, NH
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I can't imagine what it must have been like for the staff at this property to be hosting a 100 person on-site wedding & reception, and playing host to a number of golf superstars (there was a PGA Tour event nearby) all in the same weekend. They pulled it off with class, and a smile even if we did see the same people for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on 4 straight days (hope they were getting overtime pay.)
Property was clean, bright, and well maintained.
Only downsides that people should be aware of is rooms facing west are looking right into Interstate 35 but people on that side of the hotel said noise wasn't an issue.
Also I was surprised that the hotels two elevators are both on the front of the building, so those deep into the sides have quite a distance to travel.

Room Tip: I'd go for the rooms that face east, on the front.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased with your comments and the service you experienced at our location.