“Good place for a night”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Oronoco, Minnesota
“Good place for a night”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We were in town to volunteer for an event and celebrate a friend's birthday. The hotel staff are welcoming and friendly. We paid $25 for two drinks at the bar ($14 for a Glenfiddich scotch and $9 for a Bombay gin/tonic). That's insanely expensive!

Our king room was very comfortable & clean. I agree with a previous reviewer that some free coffee in the lobby would be nice.

We went to a nearby restaurant for dinner since the food choices at the hotel bar were very limited.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan H, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am definitely pleased about your experience you recently had at our location.

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and its comments like yours that make it worth it. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and increase experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments regarding our menu selection with my staff and use as a training moment to continue to make us better.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your comments about your stay. Please feel free to contact me with anything further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Recently stayed at the Courtyard/Roseville while in town for a conference. I can't complain about anything with this hotel. Check-in was very smooth and efficient, my room was super clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the close access to the interstate and to the Roseville Mall. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Alan H, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this review, 28 February 2014

Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and its comments like yours that make it worth it. My staff and I try everyday to better ourselves and increase experiences such as yours. I plan to share your comments with my staff and use as a training moment to continue to make us better.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were in town for a family funeral and moved to The Courtyard after an unsatisfactory experience at the Fairfield Inn. The front desk staff were welcoming and friendly. Our first night was wonderful, with a nice comfortable bed and it was very quiet. The room and lobby area were very clean. The next evening a high school hockey team moved onto our floor and surrounded us. After about 30 minutes of listening to kids screeching, running up and down the halls and slamming doors we contacted the front desk. They graciously moved us to another room on the other side of the property.

For cons, this property like other newer Courtyards we've stayed at, does not have a restaurant. There is a limited selection of items that are ordered at a counter, like a deli. The breakfast burrito wasn't very good, so the second morning we ordered bagels. There was no free coffee for guests in the lobby area; we had to buy coffee at the counter! I don't care for this new set-up. If nothing else, guests should have free coffee in the lobby.

Overall, the rooms were comfortable and clean, and the staff were worked hard to make everything right.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynne970

Villa Park, Illinois
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have stayed at this particular property about 10 times.

When I checked it they were in the process of a renovation to their lounge and restaurant but that did not affect operations of the hotel.

The staff was very friendly, like always and the room was very clean and comfortable. They updated the thermostat in the room and I found that it was very comfortable. This can be a big issue when it is as cold as it was outside. One morning it was 15 below zero without a windchill...but my room was nice and comfortable.

The day before I checked out they opened the restaurant and lounge and both looked very nice.

I will stay here again as the location is perfect.

I always request a room facing the street instead of the highway as the traffic noise will keep me up as I am a very light sleeper.

Room Tip: I always request a room facing the street instead of the highway as the traffic noise will keep me u...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Alan H, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville.

You indicated in your response that your stay was satisfactory. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. The Courtyard by Marriott Brand is transitioning into the Bistro format. We were one of the last properties to make this transition. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Atwater
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This Courtyard By Marriott, is conveniently located to Roseville Mall, as well as excellent choices for Dining. They were doing some remodeling within the Hotel, but that did not have any effect on the services they offer.
We were greeted by Billy, and excellent representative for the Hotel. He quickly mentioned the remodel, and that all services were still offered. And he was not wrong. I walked out of our room with and Ice Bucket in hand, and a Hotel staff person immediately recognized my search for the ice machine. He immediately assisted, and the bucket was filled. This may seem like a small gesture, but I was treated as a guest, not just another customer.

Room Tip: I think in the spring, a room overlooking the Courtyard would be nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

You indicated in your response that your stay was satisfactory. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to meet and exceed expectations so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Last weekend was the coldest weekend in Roseville, Minnesota, since 1996. Living in The Valley of the Sun in Arizona, my wife and I were concerned about being in town for my mother's 89th birthday with such a frozen tundra forecast! Despite the incredibly cold temperatures outside, our experience inside was warm and wonderful! Billy Hanson, Assistant General Manager, gave me a warm welcome upon arrival. He had arranged for two connecting rooms for our stay on the top floor that offered a king size bed and sofa as well as two queen size beds since our son from California was joining us for the weekend. We had some concerns that he quickly and professionally addressed to our satisfaction. The accommodations were excellent, especially the comfortable beds. I appreciated that our room was in a quiet area, away from the elevators and loud guests. The room had a beautiful balcony which we chose not to use due to the frigid conditions outside, but certainly would be a relaxing place in warmer temperatures. Kelsey Anderson, Front Desk, was very cheerful and helpful in answering any questions I had. I love the way she anticipates a guest's needs. Jennifer Sherwin, Head of Housekeeping, did a great job following up on the service we were receiving for our rooms. She personally came to our room to make sure we were happy with our service and wanted to know if we had any special requests. Finally, I want to mention Mikenize Kruse, Front Desk, who was our first contact with the hotel back in September when our first reservation was made. It was very clear from that moment on how much she values the guests that she serves. Her positive eye contact, never-ending smile, and warm personality make that clear. It is her commitment, and the commitment of those who serve with her, to provide a hassle-free, personalized, and totally enjoyable lodging experience that will bring my wife and me back to the Courtyard in Roseville, Minnesota, on a regular basis in the future!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are the quietest, away from freeway traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

You indicated in your response that your stay was to your staisfaction. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to maintain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Albert Lea, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The room at the hotel was comfortable - coffee machine a bit of a disappointment as only made 1 cup - and there was only 1 packet of regular, so could not make another cup . There were 3 adults in the room -

Disappointed that for the price, not even a donut or muffin - the price of the breakfast that was available was excessive for me. Doubt is we will stay again even if close to family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

You indicated in your response that a few items during your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. The Courtyard by Marriott Brand is transitioning into the Bistro format. We were one of the last properties to make this transition. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.