“Had a great time”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Had a great time”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were there with our sons and family's we were totally 10 of us. We had a great time and the breakfast was fantastic.The only complaint is pillows were flat and uncomfortable.certainly a great room for such price

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lexi l
super8roseville7, General Manager at Norwwod Inn & Suites Roseville, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post such kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Such words encourage us to keep up the hard work to keep up to our standards so our guests get the maximum value for their money.

Thank You again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again!

Chuck.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We decided to go to the back to the 50's show on our way back to Pennsylvania from the L.A.
Roadster show. We had traveled cross country for over 2 weeks and spent every night in hotels. The most we had paid previously to this stay anywhere was in Ontario California at a Fairfield Inn with a full hot breakfast and that was 79.99 per night. When I called to make the reservation in St. Paul, (last minute and the only place with rooms for a reason) I was quoted 129.99 per night. When I asked about AAA or AARP I was told they would not give a discount due to an event in town. Later they said 119.99 since I booked for 2 nights. Upon arrival I learned that they are changing over to another hotel name and that my Wyndham Rewards would not be honored. As I was checking in a line of unhappy guest were making complaints about airconditioning, door locks, etc. I checked into my room and after about 15 minutes had a mouse run infront of my feet. Notified the front desk and they came up with 2 sticky mouse traps telling me they have never had this problem and the mouse must have come in someones luggage. The gentleman that came to the room screamed and ran out with the traps still in hand when the mouse ran back across the room and out the hallway door. Kept the traps and told us to put a towel or something under the door to keep it out. Never came back!!!! Later that evening while congregating in the parking lot with other street rodders another gentleman said he had a mouse in his room 2 nights before. This was the worst and most expensive hotel on our previously great trip. Will never go back!!! Was a total turn off for the weekend!!! At check out I asked to be compensated and was given the guest services number. I am in the process of writing the company that owns the hotel. The board of health for St. Paul that says they inspect the hotel as well as AAA!! Did not even think of eating the breakfast. That raisin bran may have been cornflakes the day before!!! Place is DISGUSTING!!
Reputation of drug addicts and prostitutes frequenting according to the wait staff at nearby resturant.

Room Tip: Beware don't DARE!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank coupedevil
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We have investigated further into this matter and have taken care of this issue. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. If there's anything better we could do for you, feel free to contact us via phone at 651-636-8888 or email us at super8.roseville@live.com.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 July 2014

By far the worst ever hotel I have seen. Check in was a nightmare, got charged 4 times for my room. Window was broke and wide open on the extremely rainy day, needeless to say the floor and bed were wet. Fridge was so dirty and grimey, the desk chair was on the bed, the shower was dirty. Decided since we had 6 kids with both parties staying to try the pool. There were things, (looked like semen) floating in the pool. That was it, checked out immediately, found a Hilton right down the road for only $5 more and was the most amazing experience ever there. Never again will I stay at a Super 8, and for $100 a night, what a JOKE!! I have pictures if anyone doesnt beleive me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Curt P
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

this place really needs some work. Alright location and friendly enough staff but there were so many gross things going on here. Cigarette butts in the elevator, crackers just like crushed into the carpet in the stairwell and hallway, musty smokey smell. The refrigerator in our room looked like somebody had tried to break into it with a crowbar. At one point I dropped the tv remote behind the bed and there were USED QTIPS on the floor. Just gross. At one point we tried to call down for a couple more towels and the phone didn't work and the outlet I tried to charge my phone with was also out of commission. I would have tried to stay somewhere else but I had prepaid online and didn't have the time with family events going on during the day. To top it all off when I got home I contacted Super 8 to let them know about my issues and they told me this hotel isn't even affiliated with the company anymore (even though there is still a huge Super 8 sign on the building). Very confusing and not a great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan C
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies about your stay experience. We strive hard to make sure we are keeping up to our standards and as a part of that, we will investigate further into this matter. In addition, we may contact you to offer the best possible solution. If you need to provide any additional information regarding the same, feel free to contact me via email to super8.roseville@live.com or call us at 651-636-8888.

Thank You again for taking time to bring this matter to our attention.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here last weekend for the Back to the 50s car show. This place looks decent as you pull up, but DON'T BE FOOLED!! I had already set my expectations low since this was a Super 8, but I had not set them low enough. This place is not worth your hard-earned dollar. The only nice thing about this place is the front desk folks, and that doesn't include the owners. The whole place is dark and dreary. Our room smelled funky and moist. The carpet felt wet and grimey. There were other small annoyances, like dried paint all over the light switches, sink faucet, hair dryer. The towels looked like they were purchased at the Dollar Tree. We didn't trust the bedsheets, so we slept on top of the comforter. The bed wasn't comfortable. My husband and I both woke up with sore backs. To top it all off, I came home with bed bug bites all over my legs, arms, body, neck, face. DON'T STAY HERE!! I'm not reviewing this hotel to be mean. This place needs to be torn down, rebuilt, and then ran by different people. I could've been a little forgiving if the Wi-fi would've worked, but nope, couldn't even get that. Worst hotel experience EVER. Should've just slept in the car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Tell your friends, too.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pa V
super8roseville7, General Manager at Norwwod Inn & Suites Roseville, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hello Pa V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay with us. We are extremely proactive when it comes to pest control and we have several preventative room inspections per month. Unfortunately, We have not had any similar complaints. bed bugs are every hotel's nightmare and there has been an increase in sightings all over States! We are taking every precaution to stop this influx and your comments are very helpful.
All of our employees work very hard to ensure that our guests are happy and I sincerely apologize for any

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was hesitant to to stay here based on a couple of reviews, but when I arrived I was greeted by the friendliest staff. The Manager was very pleasant and professional. On Sunday upon checking out I over heard a guest speaking to the gal at Front desk about a few issues she was very attentive and showed great concern about rectifying the guest concerns. Overall my stay was very pleasant and I do plan on staying again next year for back to the fifties event!

• Stayed June 2014
Hello Cinde1957,

Thank you for taking the time to stop by our page and review your experience. I am happy that the staff exceeded your expectations. I was happy to see you were able to enjoy your stay on a weekend that was hectic throughout the city.

We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We came for the Back To The 50s weekend. We were greeted by very busy staff who seemed a bit unprepared For the busy weekend ahead but were polite and attentive to our requests. The housekeeping staff were friendly. The rooms were comfortable for our needs for the weekend. We especially enjoyed the pool and hot tub as it was very rejuvenating after a long, hot day of walking at the fair. The complimentary ice cold drinks in the lobby was appreciated. The hotel itself is in need of some clean up and maintenance for first impressions especially the lobby and front entrance. All in all a nice place for the price. We will be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
super8roseville7, General Manager at Norwwod Inn & Suites Roseville, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Trisha P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. In regards to some of the other items you mentioned, I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and ownership.
I would like to note that we have a very committed ownership and we are constantly redecorating our property to keep up with the market and times.

Khan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
University / Dinkytown
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#22 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to Norwwod Inn & Suites Roseville? Share your experiences!