“NEVER AGAIN”

Olive Garden
Ranked #15 of 104 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Slow, extremely slow and unenthusiastic service. The food was awful and I left wondering why I even walked in. Well that's enough for me with all the choices around Rosville there is no need or reason to give this place any more money.

1  Thank Heather A

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a gift certificate to the Olive Garden so we thought we should use it. We had not been to the Olive Garden in probably two years. I ordered the Tour of Italy for $17. The "tour" consisted of fettuccine alfredo, lasagna, and chicken parmigiana. Two of the three were good but the lasagna was tasteless. I make really fantastic lasagna and for the recipe go to allrecipes.com and look for the "World's Best Lasagna". I wish the Olive Garden had that recipe. The salad was delicious. Something happened to the formerly delicious breadsticks. They were now tasteless and no one ate anymore after the first few bites. The food was not memorable at all except for the salad. However, the service was the absolute best! John was our waiter and he was the bright spot at lunch.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I found a bug in my drink and of course bartender made me another one but charged me for it! I guess the extra breadsticks were suppose to make up for it. I had a take out order.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I have lunched at this Olive Garden twice. I always get the soup and salad, then get the check so I can split quickly. The last time the service was lacking and I was waiting for my food, etc. The manager comp'd my lunch, which was nice because they were sensitive to my time constraints. Usually this isn't the case with restaurants.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I was dragged to The Olive Garden by a friend of mine who wanted to catch up. Wow. I'm not exaggerating when I say this was the worst meal of my life. To call this Italian food is not only an insult to Italy, it's an insult to food in general. I like good food, but am certainly not a snob and require "gourmet" food only. Mickey-Ds or Taco-Bell will do in a pinch. It's so bad it sticks out in my mind 6 months later.

Please, please, please don't go to the Olive Garden. I urge you to try someplace else. It's not even really this particular chain, it's just that the Olive Garden has bad food, just presented with a slightly nicer atmosphere with the wait staff dressed in nice clothes than a normal chain does. It's true that this was likely just a particularly bad experience and I shouldn't have chosen one of the "new" items, but quite honestly these types of places are both extremely over priced and of poor quality. I'm not even going to blame the cook, the staff, the management, etc. But I will blame the company for providing low quality food at highly inflated prices.

Folks, the sooner we all stop patronizing places like this, the faster the bar will be raised for bottom shelf food. I won't be visiting another Olive Garden again, and I encourage everyone to do the same when someone suggests patronizing such a place. For the money you can get far better food at small business. If you really want Italian food nearby, just go to Green Mill. D'Amico, or Chianti Grill. They aren't far away.

1  Thank Steve S