“Nothing to rave about.”

Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here several times for work. Not my first choice but the corp rate is good. Lobby is nice, rooms are in a need of an update. Some rooms that face the road are loud. Not the best place I've stayed but not the worst. Mediocre at best.

• Stayed: May 2013
scorbo, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us at the Residence Inn. I apologizethat at times you receive rooms where you experience highway noise. Please feel free to request a room away from the highway or a quiet room when booking your hotel reservation and we will do our best to accomodate you in a room off of the freeway side. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. Best Regards, Shana Corbo - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Minneapolis St. Paul/Roseville

Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I bought a night at this hotel from LivingSocial a few months back, we decided to stay Fri Feb. 15th and catch dinner and a movie for Valentine's Day. Our studio was nice, full kitchen nice size queen bed, big flat screen. These rooms are mainly for business people during the week and they have a good facility for it. Training room, pool, business center, etc. Breakfast was above average for a hotel. They accept dogs and we had one next door. It barked a few times but wasn't annoying. Two bad things. I found a pair of dirty socks between the nightstand and wall, and worse than that, in the butter compartment of the fridge, there were two (sealed) packages of syringes. One had B-12 and I don't know what the other one was. We turned these in to a young girl at the desk. She apparently didn't think it was all that odd. Nice overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milesb1213
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have been staying at the residence for four months in a row for business weekends. They have far exceeded my expectations. The staff is friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the breakfast is great! We have a great time each time we go. Keep up the great service.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor. A little noisy underneath others.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This physical aspects of this hotel are just what you would expect from a Residence Inn. Rooms good sized, nothing luxurious but plenty nice. The hotel feature that prompts this review is the quality of the staff. Front desk, breakfast room, housekeeping - all top notch.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel because they allowed dogs and I have two. My room was very conveniently close to the door which went right to the dog run. The room was a one bedroom suite. Very small and not much room for the dogs. It had a kitchenette with all the dishes pots and pans provided. The room was a bit cold and uninviting but was a good price and when you have dogs there are not a lot of choices.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The outside, lobby and common areas are nice, clean and nicely decorated. The staff on check in was friendly and attentive. I called ahead to advice we were checking in early and that we needed a pack and play set up and ready to go for our toddler. Not only was it set up (which has never been done at other hotels for us) but there was a nice cotton cover and pack and play sheet that was put on there as well. A nice touch for sure and much appreciated.
The room itself was a decent size as was the kitchenette area. It was what you would expect from a kitchenette hotel room. Didnt seem to be a busy weekend and noise was not an issue at all. In fact the people next to us had a few dogs staying with them, and they too were very quiet and well behaved!
The more disapointing parts of the room were the out dated and or worn carpet, paint, furniture and fixtures. There seemed to be large voids on the walls that would look necer with an apropriatly sized picture or art. These were all clean and in working order, just outdated and were showing their age. The bathroom had the ugly elongated plastic light fixture and bad lighting and the counter top was very dated-yellowish color. The toilet/bathtub area was clean for the most part. I did find a few hairs on the floor and I think that the shower curtain liner needed to be washed and or replaced, as it had a bit of water and soap residue on the bottom.
The most disapointing part of the whole room and stay was the bed :( It was a queen, which we were aware it would be a queen was very uncomfortable and hard. I looked under the sheets at the mattress and it looked like the top was once a plush or pillow top, but had since been worn down to the point you could almost feel the springs. The center seemed to be sagging as well. The bedding was fine, if not a little chilly since the window had a BAD draft coming in. I had to crank up the heat to feel comfortable at night betweent the bad mattress and too cold air this was not a good sleeping experience. This was a huge disapointment, since Ive come to expect very comfortable beds at Marriot hotels.
We did not use the pool or work out room, we were the over the weekend so we did not have the managers evening meal. The continental breakfast was good, and plentiful, there was something for everyone. The employees that maintained the area while we were there were very nice and kept the area clean and very well stocked. No issues with the breakfast at all.
I think that the rate we paid $109 per night with out fees and taxes was too much for this hotel given the bed and drafty bedroom situation. The out dated decor is something I could have dealt with in comparison to the money spent had the bed and sleeping experience been what Ive come to expect from Marriot. I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to any friends or family unless the mattress/window issue was resolved. With some paint, new carpet, a few modern pictures, new fixtures and furniture these rooms would be fantastic. But none of that matters if you cant sleep well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 22 October 2012

There's no need to say much more than that there was a 1" black bug crawling up the side of my bed when I walked in my room last week. The rooms are spacious with adequate eating / working surfaces but nothing can make up for a pest problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business